Natural Eyes (by nevenbridge)

stoppingby4now

I do like Xenius out of all of these, but I don't like what the Fix does to the eyes in the second shot. This might require a revisit.

Yes, I take back my Eye Normal Map Fix suggestion for that same reason. I also prefer Xenius to Natural Eyes, even ignoring the eye color changes. There's just too many stylistic deviations, and every non-beast race's eyes look the same in style. I like how different the different race's eyes are in vanilla (or Xenius).

Edited by Harpalus

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some comparisons from the eye mods I've looked at:

High Quality Eyes by Xenius (reduced to 512) > Natural Eyes (512 version) > The Eyes of Beauty > True Eyes (reduced to 512)

hzYW7ct.jpgwrBZ4aU.jpgr2nDtrR.jpgFUyLm6m.jpg

By the way, these are the "same" amber eye from vanilla (True Eyes needs the texture renamed from eyeambre.dds to eyeamber.dds).  All of these options look great.  To me the Xenius eyes look the most natural, but I think it probably comes down to personal preference.

Edited by obrother

I like Natural and TEOB the most - three reasons why, they show color, the whites are a good shade of white, and the irises look nice.  Xenius is too grey and True Eyes looks robotic or something (fake).

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 7 months later...

Since several mods are being tested for the next STEP update, this mod might need some re-evaluation. If there are no better alternatives maybe a recommendation to hide some problematic textures like Harpalus suggested. I haven't done any compares between different mods that modifies the eyes but I'm not really happy with natural eyes. Trying Eyes of Beauty next when I'm finished making patches...

Those mods need threads, if not already created, and have the testing tag added to them for us to be able to compare. It probably won't happen this release, but if you feel they need re-evaluated they'll at least have the tag so that we'll pick it up for the release after this one.

Since several mods are being tested for the next STEP update, this mod might need some re-evaluation. If there are no better alternatives maybe a recommendation to hide some problematic textures like Harpalus suggested. I haven't done any compares between different mods that modifies the eyes but I'm not really happy with natural eyes. Trying Eyes of Beauty next when I'm finished making patches...

I used Eyes of Beauty about three years ago when it first came out and I seem to remember it looked pretty good if I remember correctly, but I haven't compared the eye mods that are available either. In fact, I used Eyes of Beauty for a short while and haven't really given it much thought after I reinstalled everything using STEP or STEP+REGS because I haven't been paying much attention to the NPCs in game. I tend to read the (arrgh... brain farit) whatever the text that displays when players talk instead of watching them.

Those mods need threads, if not already created, and have the testing tag added to them for us to be able to compare. It probably won't happen this release, but if you feel they need re-evaluated they'll at least have the tag so that we'll pick it up for the release after this one.

I hear you Tech, I'll make some in-game compares and take screenshoots and create/tag threads. I won't rush it though, I'm busy making patches :)

• 4 months later...