Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows (by EvilDeadAsh34)

stoppingby4now

It's the author's mistake. There is a dlc01 folder within the 55 - Explosive Bolts Visualized Compatibility (Closer) folder which, if I'm not mistaken is the one we instruct to install. Since the FOMOD is set up to install the entire folder, the dlc01 folder gets installed with it.

I tend to over analyze things hence I was confused on what to delete here.  Perhaps an edit to the instructions at the bottom should be considered for more detail (to explain Only the root dlc01 folder directly under <data> needs to be deleted)?

Original Instructions:  Users: Both Fomod installers incorrectly add a bogus dlc01 directory which should be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I'm installing STEP core and extended according to the 2.2.9 Guide. After installing this mod I did some testing and the quivers are overlapping 30-40% with my armor.

I'm playing a male character and I have tested with Imperial and stormcloack armor found in the start area (Helgen keep and dungeon).

When I'm not using this mod quivers fit perfectly, very close and no overlapping or clipping.

I have tried disabling all mods in the 2.I. Clothing & Equipment since many of those have effect on armor but it was no change.

I wonder if this mod is better for female characters or if something is wrong here?

Pick 1 = without "Quivers Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows":  Pick 2 = with "Quivers Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows":

Posted Image                                                                 Posted Image

EDIT: Added pictures

I'm not sure this is the right place to post something like this so please move me if I'm in the wrong place...thx :)

Edited by xxx78

I play a female character. My quivers are hip mounted, they lay across my hips / backside. I noticed the other day my quivers are clipping my backside.

I assumed it was the FNIS patch or maybe the Dual Sheath Redux mod or DSR patch. I had a skeleton problem I resolved but it may be back but now it looks like quiver / butt clipping. I have UNPB that could morph my vanilla body into a big butt quiver clipper.

I'm going to disable the Closer Quivers mod and see what happens. I'll be back tomorrow with feedback.

(Also, my ponytail is seriously clipping my back mounted bow. )

After doing some more testing and talking with some friends this mod dont seem to be needed if you play a male char with default body. On the other hand if you play a female with CBBE body or something like that this mod have a purpose.

Can someone else confirm this also or is it just me and my friends :P?

Closer Arrows & Quivers clipping.

My screenshots are NSFW so I’ll not post them.

I have these mods (and others)

STEP Extended

XPMS Skeleton

UNPB

Several hair mods

Frostfall

The arrows and quiver clip into my backside.

I disabled the Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows mod. The clipping is totally gone. I only have steel and orcish arrows so I can only test those two for now.

Also, IMHO, the Closer Arrows mod makes the arrows too long. The quiver is mounted across my hips. The arrows are so long it makes me as wide as I am tall. Crawling through narrow dungeons with a quiver & arrow combo that appear 4-5 feet wide is immersion breaking for me. 

This mod is permanently disabled for me.

And the test result are in! This is two fold and it would seem as though xxx78 is correct...

Core users playing female characters and using the vanilla body need this mod. Some female body replaces are known to clip so if you use one of those, you might be stuck with it. Core users playing male characters do not seem to need this mod. I tried several sex, race, and weight variations when testing this. Extended users do not seem to need it at all. All sex, race, and weight variations I tried seemed to be okay without this mod installed. I am assuming this has something to do with the XPMS, FNIS, and DSR combination.

After doing some research (everyone knows by now I'm a realism guy), I also find the longer arrows to be too exaggerated for Extended users. Again, Core users may still need the longer arrows if there is an issue of them being too short and coming past the bow while drawing; however, I did not see any of this during my short testing.

My recommendation will be for Core users to install this mod and for Extended user to skip it/deactivate it. As such, Extended users should then install the quiver options with Better Shaped Weapons as those are great improvements over vanilla. This will need verification from at least one other Staff member before the installation instructions are changed/updated.

As such, Extended users should then install the quiver options with Better Shaped Weapons as those are great improvements over vanilla.

Is this as simple as re-installing Better Shaped Weapons > choosing quiver options (were there arrow options, also?) >Run LOOT > etc and good to go try it out?