Closer Quivers and Longer Arrows (by EvilDeadAsh34)

stoppingby4now

In the change log to Unofficial Skyrim Patch v2.0.4 (2014-05-17) is this bug fixed:

000B6607, 000B6608: Floating bow and quiver. (Bug #15383)

Maybe this is the reason that this mod is not that needed anymore...

Edited by xxx78
  • +1 1

In the change log to Unofficial Skyrim Patch v2.0.4 (2014-05-17) is this bug fixed:

000B6607, 000B6608: Floating bow and quiver. (Bug #15383)

Maybe this is the reason that this mod is not that needed anymore...

Well, it is still needed for females at least. They were floating on my back during testing. Males were okay though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just some feedback:

From Wiki STEP guide:

• Conversions of other mods (the following apply to STEP:Core. Select anything else applicable if using an extended mod list)
  • aMidianBorn Skyforge Weapons by CaBal and EmeraldReign

This sentence could have been a little clearer to avoid misunderstandings: Select anything else applicable if using an extended mod list

This can be very easily misunderstood as users have to search the mods in STEP extended and see if some is in the "Conversions of other mods" list options in the installation process. But after reading it over again and finding out that there is more than one Nightingale mod out I understood that it did not refer to STEP extended but if I use an extended mod list.

Maybe I'm just too focused on small details but small things like this could have saved me some time and avoided installation issues so if user friendliness is a goal here is something that can improve :;):

I'm not really sure if posts like this have any value for you guys, so I ask: Do you want posts like this or not? If not I will not make more posts like this...

Normally if we refer to STEP:Extended as it is written, "STEP:Extended". Just as Core is written as STEP:Core. So you might have been looking at details; however, failed to noticed that detail. Haha! :lol: :thumbsup: Of course and against popular belief we are, in fact, human...so there might be some instances where we forgot the prefix "STEP:".

hehe yeah, it was a detail "glitch" 

damn...are you humans after all...damn it...I had hopes...

that's why I am here, when you forget things I remind you of it, and then you can remind me of my own "glitches"...win win :thumbsup:

And as said before in another thread: I gladly help you guys if wanted with minor things like instructions etc...this STEP project is unique to my knowledge in the history of modding and it would be an honor to take part.

Edited by xxx78

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just some feedback:

From Wiki STEP guide:

• Conversions of other mods (the following apply to STEP:Core. Select anything else applicable if using an extended mod list)

This sentence could have been a little clearer to avoid misunderstandings: Select anything else applicable if using an extended mod list

This can be very easily misunderstood as users have to search the mods in STEP extended and see if some is in the "Conversions of other mods" list options in the installation process. But after reading it over again and finding out that there is more than one Nightingale mod out I understood that it did not refer to STEP extended but if I use an extended mod list.

Maybe I'm just too focused on small details but small things like this could have saved me some time and avoided installation issues so if user friendliness is a goal here is something that can improve :;):

I just had the same daunting thought when I saw that massive list of "extended mods".

Normally if we refer to STEP:Extended as it is written, "STEP:Extended". Just as Core is written as STEP:Core. So you might have been looking at details; however, failed to noticed that detail. Haha! :lol: :thumbsup: Of course and against popular belief we are, in fact, human...so there might be some instances where we forgot the prefix "STEP:".

Could we add something along the lines of:

• Conversions of other mods (the following apply to STEP:Core. Select anything else applicable if using an extended list of mods not recommended by STEP)

I know it makes sense once you know, but on my first read-through of the guide, I assumed there may be other mods in this list from STEP: Extended, but now I realise they would probably be listed here if that were the case.

The problem is, I just had to spend 30+ minutes reading this thread to double check. That may have something to do with it being 6am, BUT, 2 people thinking the same thing means it is not a coincidence.

• 5 months later...

Okay, so I've done some testing and the results are that I'm having NO issues during normal gameplay when installing BSW in its entirety without Closer Quivers & Longer Arrows (CQLA) installed! None. Someone please confirm with some light testing. Males and females seem to be perfectly fine. There is some quiver clipping with certain armors; however, this is an issue present in both vanilla and current STEP so I'm ignoring it. This can mainly be fixed by moving the quiver to a different location during the XPMS install, for those that are bothered by this. So quivers seem to be okay. I will do one more test to be certain.

The only other issue that is present only applies to screenachers. When you draw the bow, open the console while drawn, and type in "tfc 1" to freeze time you will see some combinations of bow/arrows where the arrow is a bit too close to the bow/hand. That's it and that was the entire reason for the longer arrows in CQLA. Normal players should never see this issue. In my opinion this is not an issue STEP needs to be worried about because you would never do this during normal game play to see the issue which is why Bethesda probably never fixed it themselves. Only users wanting to grab some candy shots will ever see this happening.

So with that said and if my second test turns out the same result, I'm going to be voting that we drop this mod for the next release and only use BSW.