Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (by Utopolyst)

stoppingby4now

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks,

First up, my apologies if this has already been found and worked out!

Quick question before I ramble on: Is the file offered here (@ post #241) by TechAngel85 based on v1.5.5? Reason being...

As I've been slowly whittling away at setting up my STEP 2.2.8 Skyrim install, I got to installing 'Soul Gems Differ' and the latest file on offer is 1.5.5 - no sign of 1.5.4!? So, following the instructions on the 'Soul Gems Differ' STEP wiki page to add in the STEP configured FOMOD folder, doing that makes everything blow up!! That is, you end up with a 'Soul Gems Differ' MOD folder that only has the MO meta.ini file inside.

I found that what made it work for me was extracting 'Soul Gems Differ v1.5.5' to a 'Soul Gems Differ' folder, deleting the contents of the FOMOD folder and adding the contents of The STEP FOMOD archive into the FOMOD folder, then re-archiving the 'Soul Gems Differ' folder; so the new archive follows this: new-archive.7zSoul Gems Differ[soul Gems Differ v1.5.5 content]

Now running this new archive through MO works and I end up with what I should  :)

Only question from this point is though: having done this, has this way of installing missed anything from v1.5.5 if The STEP FOMOD is based on v1.5.4???

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

Edited by DodgyBob

Wow... sorry about that. We should have updated the mod page. The only difference from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 is the addition of the new FOMOD, the updated Wizard and the Requiem support. The mod itself didn't change. You could have just installed 1.5.5 from the beginning. The FOMOD on the mod page is no longer needed since I wrote the new one for the mod itself. I'll update our mod page.

Install 1.5.4 if you can get it from the Nexus page. The updated file makes very minor changes and you will not be missing a whole lot until we get our FOMOD installer fixed.

Yeah, only 1.5.5 and 1.5.1 and 1.5 are available form the Nexus page now   :confused:

Wow... sorry about that. We should have updated the mod page. The only difference from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 is the addition of the new FOMOD, the updated Wizard and the Requiem support. The mod itself didn't change. You could have just installed 1.5.5 from the beginning. The FOMOD on the mod page is no longer needed since I wrote the new one for the mod itself. I'll update our mod page.

Its all good! I did go to install SGD from the included FOMOD in 1.5.5, but I got all jittery when I saw the Requiem support and the second page (I think! I can't remember now?). When I couldn't see anything about it on the STEP wiki page for it, I thought "oh no! I don't want to mess anything up"!   :blush:

I'll pop back into MO and remove what I've got now and then try things with an unmodified, plain-jane 1.5.5

Thanks folks for the prompt help / information - much appreciated   ::D:

Regards,

Dodgy Bob

There we go - all done - too easy  :)  Thanks again.

Yeah, it was that sorted/unsorted and weighted/weightless page that threw me! I thought I was going to have option, after option, after option to choose and I didn't want to do that ... if only I had click next one more time  ::(: Oh well, its all done and all good now.

Works a treat, good job folks,

Dodgy Bob

• 1 month later...

Hi guys :) First of all, kudos to you all for the hard work. However... I think you forgot something. Or at least, some people :P You forgot to check localization issues for non-supported languages (that is, anything except Eng/Ger/Frn/Jap). So here's the deal:

I was starting up Skyrim after a fresh install + STEP Core and some of the Extended mods, but alas I had an instant CTD. So I checked at Wrye Bash, and it wasn't happy with the mod in topic (Soul Gems Differ): Wrye reported "String Localization Files missing". So I checked the mod folder and noticed that it missed STRING files for my language (to be specific, Italian). As a quick fix I just copied the English files and slammed an "Italian" in front of them instead of "English". CTD Solved and Wrye Bash is happy.

I know you can't add support for every possible language (that would be crazy), but you should work on making English the default if the language found is not supported. Or at least put a warning on the STEP Wiki telling users how to quick-fix as I did.

Hi guys :) First of all, kudos to you all for the hard work. However... I think you forgot something. Or at least, some people :P You forgot to check localization issues for non-supported languages (that is, anything except Eng/Ger/Frn/Jap). So here's the deal: I was starting up Skyrim after a fresh install + STEP Core and some of the Extended mods, but alas I had an instant CTD. So I checked at Wrye Bash, and it wasn't happy with the mod in topic (Soul Gems Differ): Wrye reported "String Localization Files missing". So I checked the mod folder and noticed that it missed STRING files for my language (to be specific, Italian). As a quick fix I just copied the English files and slammed an "Italian" in front of them instead of "English". CTD Solved and Wrye Bash is happy. I know you can't add support for every possible language (that would be crazy), but you should work on making English the default if the language found is not supported. Or at least put a warning on the STEP Wiki telling users how to quick-fix as I did.

I did have the FOMOD set up to be able to select the desired language (only 4 available); however, the team insisted this was not necessary so I took it out. I'm not sure if choosing the English language would have fixed this since you needed Italian strings which do not currently exist for the mod. I don't know enough about this stuff to know the solution to this so hopefully one of the other Staff will reply. Possibly including no strings for other languages would work? IDK...

• 5 weeks later...

Any chance one of you could tell me why SGD will not install properly on my setup?  I am using 1.5.5 in MO and making custom selection and have tried weighted+unsort and also unweighted+sort options thus far.  I am using some of the crazier color options and after I install the mod, LOOT it, et al. all I get are invisible gems for some reason.  I uninstalled and reloaded my game and the soul gems are there now, so I am hoping this is just some type of install issue.  I am using almost all of the core files (skipped 2 iirc, one being the 2gb torrent file) along with a few extras from the extended list. 

Should I just do a manual install?  Is that even possible since 1.5.5?