Soul Gems Differ - Full and Empty (by Utopolyst)

stoppingby4now

There is nothing wrong with the mod (except for Italian versions of the game which is being addressed today most likely). If you're using MO v1.210 then please update to v1.2.11 as the FOMOD installer was broken in v1.2.10.

If that is not the issue, are you running an ENB? This could cause issues if incorrectly set up. This can be tested by running the game, find some invisible soul gems (ask Wonder Woman how to find invisible objects), and then hitting the key combination Shfit+F12 to turn off ENB. If they reappear, your ENB is causing the issue and you need to make sure it's installed correctly. For the record, the ENB I'm running does not cause any issues.

If you're using Transparency AA, turn it off. It causes all sorts of issues in Skyrim.

Thanks for the rapid response.  I hadn't assumed the mod was the problem.  I was using ENBoost as per the STEP Guide but I had to uninstall it because it kept crashing my game at the Bethesda screen. 

If Transparency AA isn't a mod listed on the STEP Guide in some form then I am not using it. ***Oh I see it now in my control panel, no it is turned off***

I did uninstall and reinstall the SGD mod with option #6 and it installed and worked perfectly for some reason.  Is there an option you don't use in those default configs that I am using in my custom (glow or fragments?) setup?

I tried hitting shift+f12 and it just took a screenshot.  Not sure if it should even do that as I'm playing with my XB1 controller mostly since I'm on my couch. 

Thanks again for the immediate response and all the work put into this mod & the guide, which has been invaluable to me in my first Skyrim modding war.... :P

Edited by pr0d1gy

***UPDATE:  I ran 1.5.6 without soul fragments and it worked perfectly.  All gems are visible.  I will reinstall later with fragments and see if that works, then report back for any interested parties.  Thanks to all the STEP and SGD folks for all your hard work!***

No Requiem
Custom
[Empties]
Pink Stripes
Purple Sparkle
Green Psych
Red Hell
Red Hellfire
Black Transparent
[Full]
Pink Transparent
Metal Rust2
Colorful Stripes
Incadescent Transparent
Colorful Super
Bloody Black

[x] Glow
[x] Soul Fragments
[  ] None

LMK if you need to know anything else.  Oooh, I see Z is putting up a new updated version, maybe that could solve my problems ^_^.  Gonna go uninstall and download 5.6 but I will be around if you have any ideas. 

Is Requiem checked by default in the options or does that mean I have it installed???  I don't remember adding it, but I did download a few other mods outside of STEP core.

Edited by EssArrBee

• 6 months later...

I've just updated my MO to v1.3.2 released today.

I'm in the process of doing an (almost) complete install of STEP:Extended 2.2.9 recommended mods on a fresh Skyrim install.

It appears the FOMOD installer for this mod may not be compatible with the new MO version.  When I get to the options to choose the Step Recommended meshes, etc. and click Next, the installer and MO just hang and I have to force quit.  I also tried some of the other preset options on the screen with same result.  I didn't try the full customization.  

I see reading earlier comments that the FOMOD may be dependent on the MO version.

Thanks for all your work, and I hope to be able to install this mod in the future!

I think you may be right. I can produce the same error. I'll have to go looking into more FOMODs to see what the issue is.

EDIT: Tried Better Shaped Weapons, The Ruffled Feather, and XMPSE all without issue, so it looks like it's limited to Soul Gems Differ.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help!  I actually had to roll back MO to previous version because I was also having issues with executables not behaving and with MO CTD when using search field, and I just didn't feel like doing more troubleshooting.  But I hope your advice helps others with the issue.

• 1 month later...

Looks like all the options on that page cause an error.

EDIT:

Try tabbing away from the window and back in again, I just got past the hang for most of the options.

I'm assuming you mean using tab and space to go through the steps of the fomod install? If so, it kept hanging at the same screen on my side.

We have simple instructions for installing the BAIN version.

I can see the FOMOD not playing nicely with newer versions of MO if MO has adhered to a standard from which the FOMOD deviates. It could be a very simple code fix in the installer.

We have simple instructions for installing the BAIN version.

I can see the FOMOD not playing nicely with newer versions of MO if MO has adhered to a standard from which the FOMOD deviates. It could be a very simple code fix in the installer.

Actually, the MO 1.3.+ has had issue with a lot of standard FOMODs that the previous versions did not. Supposed v1.3.5 has fixed some of this, but I haven't tested it specifically.