Smooth Blade Draw and Sheathe (by Vanaran)

stoppingby4now

• 1 month later...

I just started looking through the samples, this should be comparible by samples only. The AOS samples again sound more real to me, they do not seem to cover all the draw and sheath sounds though. Maybe the esp makes the game only use one or maybe he forgot to include them. I will ask LoRdKoRn about this.

Just tested my own sword. A blunt chinese 1 1/2 hander with a wooden scabbard and it sounds almost exactly like AOS' sound (the one in the blade1hand folder). You can hear the blade scratch on the edge of the scabbard a little.

[edit] LoRdKoRn already answered. He reduced the number of samples for performance reasons:

Skyrim tries to load all samples in a sound descriptor before playing even one. When you draw a weapon you want the sound to come right away and in sync.
Edited by Spock

• 1 year later...

I have reached the 2-L section of the install and followed the directions only to find I am missing the MoreSoundsOption.esp . I have (in order) ADS.esp......ADS_MSO.esp, which has the little warning sign that it is missing the master file MoreSoundOption.esp. Where can I find this MoreSoundOption esp file ?.?.?. it is not included in the main file or the patch. I have extracted and examined every download on the Smooth Blade Draw and Sheathe page and none of them contain the MoreSoundOption.esp. Help Me Please.

STEP recommends to install ADS during installation and all SBDS options. I thought the patch was one of the options. Maybe I am figuring it out now. Is More Sound Options a completely separate mod ??? Maybe I get it now ... when it said all options I saw optional files and put in the patch for more sound options....which shows a specific load order that I was attempting to duplicate and that list included MoreSoundOption.esp. So I will take out that patch (since I am NOT a more sound optyion user)aaaaannnndd YES ...my missing esp warning has gone away. thanx.

Edited by john7

going down the list installing everything....when I get to no npc greetings it says it is included in every patch (core, extended,etc.) Does that mean I don't have to download and install it now as it will be added by the patch Or does that mean I better not skip it because it is necessary for any of the patches to function? Yeah I know ,,, darnit ...my brain is really weird and I am sorry to have to include you in the soul draining task of dealing with it. 142 IQ and I am so close to insane it isn't even funny any more. I feel like I am probably the only person to have these issues.

• +1 1