Updated HDDLC Conflicts

Farlo

On top of the changed/updated textures mentioned here, I've compiled a list of new conflicts introduced by the HDDLC update that need to be evaluated against the current mod list.  Someone might want to double-check my work since WB is saying that the new and old HDDLC archives only share ~15 files, is that a problem in WB that has to do with the large number of files?

Anyways, here's the list of additional STEP v2.2.1 conflicts introduced by the HDDLC update:

==61== [zA-F] HQ Shields v1.0.7z
textures\armor\dragonbone\dragonboneshield.dds
textures\armor\dragonbone\dragonboneshield_n.dds

==109== [zA-H] Arvak Reborn (DG Req, 1024, Soul Cairn) v1.01.7z
textures\actors\dlc01\shadowmere\shadowmere_m.dds
textures\actors\dlc01\shadowmere\shadowmere_n.dds
textures\actors\dlc01\shadowmere\shadowmeresoulcairn.dds
textures\actors\dlc01\shadowmere\shadowmeresoulcairn_g.dds

==110== [zA-H] Bellyache's Dragons v1.1.7z
textures\actors\dlc01\dragon\dragonicelake.dds
textures\actors\dlc01\dragon\dragonpurple.dds
textures\actors\dlc01\dragon\icelakedragonlod.dds

==128== [zA-H] XCE-Dawnguard (DG Req) v1.0.7z
textures\actors\character\eyes\eyesnowelf.dds
textures\actors\character\eyes\eyevampire_02.dds
textures\actors\character\female\femaleheadvampire.dds
textures\actors\character\female\femaleheadvampire_msn.dds
textures\actors\character\male\maleheadvampire.dds
textures\actors\character\male\maleheadvampire_msn.dds

==133== [zA-I]Book of Silence (Elven gold, Weapons) v1.4.7z
textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrboots.dds
textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrboots_n.dds
textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrgauntlets.dds
textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrgauntlets_n.dds
textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrhelmet.dds
textures\armor\draugr\femaledraugrhelmet_n.dds
textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrboots.dds
textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrboots_n.dds
textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrgauntlets.dds
textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrgauntlets_n.dds
textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrhelmet.dds
textures\armor\draugr\maledraugrhelmet_n.dds

==176== [K] Designs of the Nords v1.5.7z
textures\dlc01\architecture\dawnguard\dbanner01.dds

In the check I've done of the HRDLC I have only looked at the textures used the main Skyrim game. I haven't looked at the DLC01 or DLC02 directories since they are new are were not in the original HRDLC1 or HRDLC 2. I've been looking to see whether the problems that existed before have been fixed, and only a few have. The DIFF list posted earlier has a list of the revised textures that Bethesda fixed. The dragonbone and draugr armor were there before if you ran the batch file that z posted which put files in the correct directory (among other fixes); they are now in the correct directory in the HRDLC. The updated textures also have higher resolution, which might make them competitive now against the other mods you listed. I doubt, however, they are better than Cabal's textures.

I have completed a diff of the 'fixed', pre-DDSopt-ed HRDLC 1 & 2 combined against the latest versions of HRDLCs 1, 2 & 3 combined. Preliminarily, about 100 textures have been revised (mostly increased res) and about 8 textures have been dropped (??). Many of the errors noted originally by Brumbek's post have been fixed, but I am not sure about all of the errors. Agree that we need to evaluate many of the vanilla textures, as they may be better than any of the modded solutions.

The actors/ folder has been moved from HRDLC1 to HRDLC3 as well, so the BSAs were re-packaged in a more balanced fashion and should only be compared in aggregate.

More later ...

I have completed a diff of the 'fixed', pre-DDSopt-ed HRDLC 1 & 2 combined against the latest versions of HRDLCs 1, 2 & 3 combined. Preliminarily, about 100 textures have been revised (mostly increased res) and about 8 textures have been dropped (??). Many of the errors noted originally by Brumbek's post have been fixed, but I am not sure about all of the errors. Agree that we need to evaluate many of the vanilla textures, as they may be better than any of the modded solutions.

The actors/ folder has been moved from HRDLC1 to HRDLC3 as well, so the BSAs were re-packaged in a more balanced fashion and should only be compared in aggregate.

More later ...

That's a lot more textures with increased resolution than the DIFF that was published yesterday showed. However, they didn't check the files against any of the 3 DLC bsa files. I did notice better resolution versions of the Dragonborn textures in the HRDLC, but that wouldn't affect the comparison you did against the old HRDLC. Do you have a list of the improved textures that weren't in the DIFF list and/or some of the errors that were fixed? I found a few errors fixed in addition to the directory assignment fixes (e.g., a spelling error was fixed to change woodenladel01 to woodenladle01) but in my spot check I didn't find any of the duplicates with STD vanilla or across the 3 HRDLCs fixed and none of the link files had been removed. I checked a few of the files in Tweaks to see if there had been any changes in the HRDLC files they replace but I didn't find any. Did you?

You know what' date=' I'm gonna download HR-DLC from TPB now just to check the differences again with WinMerge.[/quote']

:!: Pirate! :!:

Wut. I'm not sure if you're sarcastic' date=' but where do you supposed I get the old DLC from??[/quote']

I am.  Since you paid for the game, it's free anyways, and it's purely for "research" purposes I totally understand.

More later ...

That's a lot more textures with increased resolution than the DIFF that was published yesterday showed. However, they didn't check the files against any of the 3 DLC bsa files. I did notice better resolution versions of the Dragonborn textures in the HRDLC, but that wouldn't affect the comparison you did against the old HRDLC. Do you have a list of the improved textures that weren't in the DIFF list and/or some of the errors that were fixed? I found a few errors fixed in addition to the directory assignment fixes (e.g., a spelling error was fixed to change woodenladel01 to woodenladle01) but in my spot check I didn't find any of the duplicates with STD vanilla or across the 3 HRDLCs fixed and none of the link files had been removed. I checked a few of the files in Tweaks to see if there had been any changes in the HRDLC files they replace but I didn't find any. Did you?
I have yet to do a thorough check, but the best thing would be to check the compilation of all of the old texture BSAs combined (with fixed HRDLCs, non-hi-res vanilla, HF and DG) against the new combined result. This would give the comprehensive net change (with DB additions).

I am hopeful that we no longer even need a fix ....

I have yet to do a thorough check, but the best thing would be to check the compilation of all of the old texture BSAs combined (with fixed HRDLCs, non-hi-res vanilla, HF and DG) against the new combined result. This would give the comprehensive net change (with DB additions).

I am hopeful that we no longer even need a fix ....

As I mentioned, I went through the original batch file that made repairs to the HRDLC and checked to see whether the errors were fixed. I did not find many fixes to the mundane errors that were in the original HRDLC; most are still present in the updated HRDLC. If you compare the original batch Fix file you provided with the revised one I posted you will see that while Bethesda fixed some things, notably the location of textures in wrong directories, you will see that there is a lot of repair that still needs to be done with the new HRDLC independent of adding in the files from the Tweaks mod.