Disease Descriptions for the Immersive Adventurer (by William Imm)

WilliamImm

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

I realize that characters would not readily know the symptoms of a disease unless they knew a lot about medicine, given the setting. However, the diseases didn't get much of a description in the first place - just the name and the gameplay effects, so some description is needed.... 

I like where this is going.  Theres a hundred different ways you could tease with the information according to an alchemy skill, and it would make visiting the herbalist much more important.  I guess actual game penalties should be more precisely related, though.

That was two years ago that you posted that, though.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys :)

In the STEP installation documentation it is written :

STEP:Core mods are indicated by the presence of a green vertical bar in the row at the immediate left-hand column of the table.

STEP:Extended mods include these PLUS all the remaining mods in the list.

This mod do not have a green bar on its side... by definition, it's a STEP:Extended mod.

In the comments, it is said "STEP Extended Patch users DO NOT need to install this mod."

With the present installation guide settings, this mod seems to be useless... I think the documentation could be clarified.

Or maybe the STEP:Extended Patch is not mandatory for a STEP:Extended installation ?  :O_o:

I am lost  :confused:

Edited by Krabator

A version of this mod compatible with other mods in the STEP Extended list is included in the STEP Extended patch. The installation guidance also includes information for those who use additional mods like Realistic Needs and Diseases or those using the STEP Core patch.

The STEP Extended patch is necessary for those using the STEP Extended mods.

A lot of users do not use the STEP Patches and instead create their own. Basically, if you're going to use the STEP Patches, you can skip installing it. If you're going to create your own custom patch instead, you'll need to install it to have the STEP lineup.

• 8 months later...

Install the RND version and force it behind the step extended patch with LOOT rule.

...that recommendation doesn't make much sense. Shouldn't the RND-specific changes take priority?

Yeah, so make a loot rule to load the dd-RND patch behind step extended patch. I should have made it more clear but I'm on my phone.

I can see where the confusion came from. I don't understand the meaning of 'behind'. Are you implying 'before' or 'after'? Terms used to define sequential loading make more sense to use, here.

Okay, great. I feel like I loaded the RND version of Disease Descriptions after the STEP Extended patch last time, and ended up with bugged diseases. Since I'm reinstalling anyway to track down a specific issue with STEP and a scripted scene joining the college (not to mention I somehow messed up Whiterun with an ENB I was testing out), I'll keep tabs on it.