101 replies to this topic

#31 Luinithil

Luinithil

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

With a pure SR install, there are only 4 ESPs the bashed patch will merge automatically for you-- Traps Make Noise.esp, moveitLWT.esp, ABT (Progressive Damage with Nord Hero Arrow).esp. There really isn't a need for a list of bashable ESPs, since WB will handle it automatically on its own and the list will differ from user to user. I have 3 other ESPs that the bashed patch will merge for me since they're for armor replacer textures and only contain maybe 1 record or so.

#32 Ciccigomma

Ciccigomma

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, I know of that, but I'm refferring for the make mergeable option for other esp than the 4 one.

#33 Luinithil

Luinithil

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

[quote name=''Ciccigomma' pid='40233' dateline='1371267326']Yeah' date=' I know of that, but I'm refferring for the make mergeable option for other esp than the 4 one.[/quote']
Well, yes, I get what you're saying. I"m just saying that such an exercise is likely to be pointless and excessively large in scope, since WB will point out and handle any that are in your load order on its own; and there are hundreds if not thousands of plugins out there that WB is likely able to merge; thus keeping track of all of them would be an effort like the current BOSS. And if you think a mergeable plugin isn't marked as such in WB, try "mark as mergeable" on it and see what WB says.

#34 Ciccigomma

Ciccigomma

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:13 AM

Roger! I'll try on my own!

#35 SkulldozeR

SkulldozeR

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Not sure if I should post this here, but when I tried to create the Bashed Patch with Wrye Bash at the latest steps of SR's guide, the process returned an error and I couldn't finish the creation. Any ideas? *Can't give the error message at the moment, will do so later when I get home.

#36 statmonster

statmonster

High King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Are you running WB as an executable through MO?

#37 Astakos

Astakos

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:53 PM

If that is the error I was having; i.e. runtime error on C++ redistributable when trying to run dawnguard.esm in the bashed patch process, then try to install version 302 of Wrye Bash. This worked for me although I really do not know why v.303 throws an error. Used to work fine...!!

#38 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

So... as I am completely re-doing my profiles for Mod Organizer and figured I should uninstall and reinstall Wrye Bash as well for due diligence. What version is everyone using I know there were a few problems with WB 304 and wasn't sure about 304.1 I currently have 303 installed.

#39 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:22 AM

WB 304 is the latest stable. No issues.

#40 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Is anyone familiar enough with the way Bash merges leveled lists? Does it take everything from a mod that is marked delev or relev? I'm seeing it leaving things out here and there and wondering how/why?

#41 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

If a mod is mergeable, then what protocol does the Bashed Patch follow for overwriting the changes mergeable mods make. It seems like ESMs or fake ESMs overwrite changes from mergeable mods and I can't get those changes. Is there a way to stop those overwrites in the Bashed Patch?

#42 DoYouEvenModBro

DoYouEvenModBro

Dragon Prince

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question...but can someone explain what the bashed patch actually does. Is it the same as a merged patch? It's used to group the edits in similar mods and merge plugins?

#43 wolverine2710

wolverine2710

Mod Author

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

Sorry if this is a dumb question...but can someone explain what the bashed patch actually does. Is it the same as a merged patch? It's used to group the edits in similar mods and merge plugins?

I think this is off topic here and perhaps one of the moderators can move it to a more appropriate thread.
A bashed patch is explained in the Bash Wiki here. A bashed patch merges only leveled lists. A far more powerful approach is SkyBash by Plutoman (RLWC and ASIS) which basically merges everything. Unfortunately he is MIA for a long time it seems. Last update to Skybash (which uses Skyproc created by Leviathan1753, also MIA) was mid 2012. This could really by a game changer and make WB obsolete (if you are using MO).

#44 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:13 AM

Okay, I moved them to WB support forum. I always wondered why no one just picked up the WB mantle and ported CBash to work as a standalone project. Wrye opensourced the whole the thing for anyone to use. Lev seemed like he was a Java guy, so maybe that is why he avoided the C++ stuff from CBash. I actually know a decent amount of Java so maybe I should look into SkyBash. Just a casual glance at some of the files, and I can see that SkyProc has functions for pretty much every type of record a FormID can hold. Hmm... if I get into this now, I probably won't sleep till Thurday.

#45 CJ2311

CJ2311

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Okay, I moved them to WB support forum.

I always wondered why no one just picked up the WB mantle and ported CBash to work as a standalone project. Wrye opensourced the whole the thing for anyone to use. Lev seemed like he was a Java guy, so maybe that is why he avoided the C++ stuff from CBash. I actually know a decent amount of Java so maybe I should look into SkyBash. Just a casual glance at some of the files, and I can see that SkyProc has functions for pretty much every type of record a FormID can hold.

Hmm... if I get into this now, I probably won't sleep till Thurday.

I might give that a look as well, but I'm wondering if it does anything that TES5Edit's "create a merged patch" function doesn't do...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users