OPEN BETA WEEKEND FOR DIABLO 3

EisDrache

Hello all i would like to inform anybody that dosen't know that this weekend is a open beta test for Diablo 3 only this weekend as a stress test open

Friday, April 20 at 12:01 p.m. PDT (noon), until Monday, April 23 at 10:00 a.m. PDT

if you like check it out heres a link

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4963739/Diablo%C2%AE_III_Open_Beta_Weekend-4_19_2012

• 3 weeks later...

Diablo series is the only Blizzard series I can't understand what people like about. I mean I love the setting, but the mass-mouseclick-fest that was Diablo 1 and 2 just never did it for me. Now Warcraft (strategy games that is, not so much WoW) and especially the best games ever made, StarCraft 1 & 2, THAT I can understand. :) Enjoy the "time off" I guess~ ;)

Diablo series is the only Blizzard series I can't understand what people like about. I mean I love the setting, but the mass-mouseclick-fest that was Diablo 1 and 2 just never did it for me. Now Warcraft (strategy games that is, not so much WoW) and especially the best games ever made, StarCraft 1 & 2, THAT I can understand. :) Enjoy the "time off" I guess~ ;)

Exactly, the setting and story is good but damned if I don't hate the game play.

( I actually rather like shogun 2 as well).

Yeah Shogun 2 was quite excellent too though very different, but the only strategygames I've stuck with for long periods of time are SC1/BW til WC3 release, then WC3 til SC2 release, and I still play SC2 online just about every day. :)

Basically I have enjoyed all the above games (Tho' I prefered Medieval Total War to Shogun) but I find it difficult to give the time to strategy games that they deserve. But my heart belongs to fantasy RPGs :)

As to the Diablo series, well, it was the first simplified RPG game and tbh I looked down on it in many ways but it was also the game that I used to introduce my son to the joys of PC gaming and one we could play co-op & online when that was a rare thing, so... I guess it's a bit of a nostalgia thing for me, and no worse than mindless FPS blasting except with swords! ;)

Gods I really do need a worthwhile MMORPG to get all social about :(