DDSopt & BSAopt question

apopirate

Question

I followed the guide in optimizing vanilla texture (HRDLC1,2,3,STD) using DDSopt. After packing them and installing using wyre bash, i'm getting blue distant background.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127810461

Does anyone know why, did I make a mistake somewhere?

Also, after optimizing the dawnguard and hearthfires bsa, I get missing text, particularly with warewolf skill/perk menu. On the skill description, it just say LOOKUP FAILED. The menu works fine. I can still spend perk-point, but the description has LOOKUP FAILED. I'm also getting "LOOKUP FAILED" message everytime I feed on human heart.

Last problem, when optimizing the 6 vanilla non-texture bsa as described in the guide, I'll get CTD as soon as the game loads. 

Please help, as I want to start installing STEP and start playing

If you followed the DDSopt Guide you should have copied the updated INI for DDSopt which would have prevented this. This issue is from optimizing some of the Sky and Effect textures which should not be optimized with the latest release for DDSopt. If you still have your original textures, unpack them, copy the original Sky and Effect texture folders into the optimized folders so to use the original, unoptimized textures. Then repack and reinstall in WB. This will fix your issue.

If you still have your original textures' date=' unpack them, copy the original Sky and Effect texture folders into the optimized folders so to use the original, unoptimized textures. Then repack and reinstall in WB. This will fix your issue.[/quote']

Fixed it with that solution. But I did the compressing twice, both times weird sky. I am nearly sure the ini has to be outdated. If i am wrong, please don't shoot me :ninja:

If you still have your original textures' date=' unpack them' date=' copy the original Sky and Effect texture folders into the optimized folders so to use the original, unoptimized textures. Then repack and reinstall in WB. This will fix your issue.[/quote'']

Fixed it with that solution. But I did the compressing twice, both times weird sky. I am nearly sure the ini has to be outdated. If i am wrong, please don't shoot me :ninja:

Yes this works for me as well. Lukily I still have the original in my Vanilla Extracted folder. It turns out I've been using an older version of DDSopt, and I did nothing about the INI. About the other question I asked about the dlc, dawnguard bsa. Checkout these screenshot:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127873973

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=127874090

If you still have your original textures' date=' unpack them' date=' copy the original Sky and Effect texture folders into the optimized folders so to use the original, unoptimized textures. Then repack and reinstall in WB. This will fix your issue.[/quote'']

It's not that it's outdated, it's just that not all textures have been analysed properly.

And yes, I get the same blue sky issue after DDSopting my textures.

I just downloaded the new version of DDSOpt (0.8.0 update 4) and use the INI as provided by the guide. I re-optimize all of the vanilla texture (STD, HRDLC) and the blue sky is gone. So I guess the problem is me, not using the latest version of DDSOpt and INI setting. But the problem with dawnguard and hearthfires BSA is still there. It also involve books added by the 2 dlc. I can open the books, but the only text inside is "LOOKUP FAILED".

I guess I'll be using the original BSA's for now, until someone can come up with a solution. It might have something to do with the png perhaps?

I just verified that the INI takes care of the purple sky. The specific line in the ini is:sky\skyrimcloudsfill.dds=SKPIn DDSopt, this file should appear in PURPLE text, indicating that it will be skipped. If it is dark green, then the INI is not set properly. Copy/paste the INI from the wiki into the DDSopt INI, refresh the browse tab, and that should do it.

It looks like DDSopt.ini was changed on the wiki but the text in the Appendix wasn't. I fixed it. The wiki can show the last time the overall DDSopt guide was updated; I don't know whether the Wiki can automatically show the last update time for references like this. Meanwhile the wiki text in the guide needs to be updated manually when a new version is created.