Whats with the important and normal threads in the mod suggestion section?

EisDrache

Question

I was wondering whats with the Important and normal section? And who and what makes a certain mod suggestion important or normal?  I think at a certain point some people are going to think that certain mods or who ever controls what a important mod or normal mod is are biased towards a certain mod or person post found mods. Also its kinda unfair to certain mod suggestions that they will mostly be at the very bottom of the 1st page or even further back if it keeps going like this the normal mods will be pushed back 3 or 4 or even 5 pages back and most people that surf forums look for new posts since there last visit and very few actully use the search function for that they usaully click through each section that they have interest in. And each persone that clicks through the forum won't even think/see the section for Normal mods cuz after they see the new posts in the mods suggestion section they might not think or know about the almost invisible sub section within the section.

I think each mod suggestion should be treated equally and not split up in to separate section. I personally find it kinda dumb to split them up like that since alot of mod that could end up in the normal section could be just as important and the ones in the "Important mods" section. And also might be over looked by quite a few people cuz its (eventually if it says like this) pages back from the first page and woulden't think there is new posts pages back and not on the first pages like pretty much all other forums. 

Sorry if my post dosen't make sence i was just typeing what i was thinking

8 answers to this question

I must have missed any discussion on this, but I would have been (and am) against it. It renders the intent of Sticky Threads useless, especially when they wind up taking up an entire page. Having a page on the Wiki to track these from an administrative stand-point is far better for the short term, but ultimately mods to be tested need to be handled in the Mod Testing forum.

Yep agree, this did not fit the original paradigm we talked about moons ago. That is now implemented, so all Mod Testers (and MT wannabies) please head over to the mod testing forum and look at the stickied threads as well as all of the mods with the TESTING prefix. These all need comment and results (where applicable) and mod pages created. Research is involved as much as is testing. We need to record all of the facts for proper SMW articulation on the wiki, which is important for maintaining STEP henceforth.

The Mod Testing forum is restricted so all the "wannabes" will not be able to see it. That is one of Farlo's (and my) main concerns. Unless you open up the forum, only Mod Testers, Moderators, and admins can't see it.

Let me say that I completely understand the reasons for having a closed forum for testing purposes, but as Farlo points out... Merging these threads down the line will completely mess with the flow of the threads. Moving them fixes that issue, but Farlo said, we're going to have a much higher potential of duplicate threads being created. Making the Mod Testing forum searchable might make this less of an issue, but then it's still going to confuse some users as to the reason why the thread is in Testing rather and Suggestions and they could create them anyway. There are issues in either direction you take. Only time will tell if it's too much trouble or not.

The Mod Testing forum is restricted so all the "wannabes" will not be able to see it. That is one of Farlo's (and my) main concerns. Unless you open up the forum' date=' only Mod Testers, Moderators, and admins can't see it.[/quote']

INCORRECT ... you are doing it again Tech. You are misinformed and assuming what you do not understand. MT is RO to all but admin and mod testers.

everyone can see it

The Mod Testing forum is restricted so all the "wannabes" will not be able to see it. That is one of Farlo's (and my) main concerns. Unless you open up the forum' date=' only Mod Testers' date=' Moderators, and admins can't see it.[/quote'']

INCORRECT ... you are doing it again Tech. You are misinformed and assuming what you do not understand. MT is RO to all but admin and mod testers.

everyone can see it

Then please help me to understand, unless it's "above my pay grade". :thumbsup: By seeing it I also mean contributing to it as potential mod testers. If they decide to test without becoming a Mod Tester then there's no way for them to contribute their findings unless the MT forum is opened to the public as you mentioned. So...not entirely incorrect when you understand the meaning of my words.