Wrye Bash Guide

z929669

Question

The Beta Wrye Bash Guide to STEP Installation is available

on THE WIKI

Based on the advice I received from users here, I will be asking TC to host on his site if he wishes. I will also host right here on the STEP wiki site when final. It is not yet final, but I will make it so once we have a fully compatible BOSS-Wrye Bash implementation to support Skyrim v1.5.

SMIM has updated with a wizard for v1.49, he forgot it in v1.47. I haven't used it, need confirmation it works. I believe everything else that needs one at the moment has one or has a bcf available. If you find a specific mod that really needs one, let me know and please include the version number.

We have a built in converter, but folder structure has to be put in manually, and then someone can generate a bcf and share it for everyone to convert a mod. That probably isn't going to change any time soon.

All mods that are a PITA otherwise in the STEP Guide have a BCF available, and many of these contain wizards. Otherwise, our team has built many of the wizards that are packaged with mods where they make sense (e.g., SMIM, Soul Gems Differ, many more)

Forgive me for the newbish question, but where do you keep the BAIN wizards you've made for the mods? No doubt you've probably covered all the mods I have installed, as they're some of the most popular on TESNEXUS.

Nice to see a community that sticks to Wrye bash though!

Yeah, that's what I thought. Hence me listing 3 mods (so far) that don't have the wand icon. I'm guessing my best bet for that would be to figure out how to auto gen those wizards myself? Kinda surprised Climates of Tamriel didn't have a wizard though - it said in the description!

@LC155

The best way to look at a wizard, besides being an easy way to install a mod. Is to realize that it is one persons idea of what the mod should look like 'in game' your taste may be different than others so don't be affraid to experiment and make sure you make backups of bashed mods that you won't want changed for the purpose of quick and easy re-install should things get out of hand, which can happen very easily.

Play on Dude!

Okay, so basically, all the mods I had listed with the white boxes (instead of the standard red/green box) will actually install properly with BAIN? I just need to select the boxes on the right side of the installers tab, and install the old fashioned WB way?

Right click on the white box mod, where it says 'conversions' a menu should pop up saying create or apply, if apply is grayed out choose create and follow the instructions. For more info read the section in the wrye html doc. the "?" at the bottom right of the shortcut icons in the installers toolbar it will tell you how to create a BCF and a wizard. It realy is an amazing tool. Wrye (the Monkey man) was way ahead of his time when he developed that tool.

So I've right clicked on Climates of Tamriel, and there is no apply, so I go to create, but I don't have any separate converters, so I don't know how to proceed from there. However, I did see the sub directories menu and clicking on something random there turned the white checkbox red and I assume it would install properly from then on? Same with all the other mods that have the white boxes, but have sub packages in the box to the right?

Alright, so I've done a clean install of Skyrim and followed the mod list here: https://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:Guide#2.A._Configuration by downloading them through Mod Organizer.

How can I use Wrye Bash to make a Bashed patch out of them if nothing besides the Official DLC and Bashed patch show up? Can I somehow connect Wrye Bash to Mod Organizer or ? Using BOSS only shows them up as well, not the mods that I've installed through Mod Manager.