Wrye Bash Guide

z929669

Question

The Beta Wrye Bash Guide to STEP Installation is available

on THE WIKI

Based on the advice I received from users here, I will be asking TC to host on his site if he wishes. I will also host right here on the STEP wiki site when final. It is not yet final, but I will make it so once we have a fully compatible BOSS-Wrye Bash implementation to support Skyrim v1.5.

First, click the 00* Sub-Package in the middle right pane of BAIN. Did this fix the issue? If so, you need to always check the subs of interest when the root folders in your BAIN pack are named anything other than that of a standard Skyrim directory. See Figure 6 in the WB Guide.

If this is not the issue:

Please, post an explorer image like I have attached with folder structure AND files (this is a copy of mine, which works just fine)

BAIN.JPG

First, click the 00* Sub-Package in the middle right pane of BAIN. Did this fix the issue? If so, you need to always check the subs of interest when the root folders in your BAIN pack are named anything other than that of a standard Skyrim directory. See Figure 6 in the WB Guide.

If this is not the issue:

Please, post an explorer image like I have attached with folder structure AND files (this is a copy of mine, which works just fine)

Okay. When I check one of the sub packages the skipped files appear under the ==Configured Files. So I guess it's working like it's supposed to then?

Yeah, I have forgotten to check subs in the past as well, but this is only a minor issue if you are aware of the differences between complex and simple. Great for organization, but adds a layer of complexity.

Glad that it worked ... That mod is a great example of a complex BAIN too. I have retained all of the alternate textures in the complex BAIN (see attached). This allows me to swap out very quickly (uncheck one sub, check another, anneal), and look at differences in game. I LOVE options.

BAIN.JPG

Yeah, I have forgotten to check subs in the past as well, but this is only a minor issue if you are aware of the differences between complex and simple. Great for organization, but adds a layer of complexity.

Glad that it worked ... That mod is a great example of a complex BAIN too. I have retained all of the alternate textures in the complex BAIN (see attached). This allows me to swap out very quickly (uncheck one sub, check another, anneal), and look at differences in game. I LOVE options.

That's good to know. I like having every option available too. Thanks for the info about anneal too (didn't know I have to use that after switching textures). Would there be way to set up a complex BAIN (albeit a HUGE one) like that for say SRO and Skyrim HD to compare textures of certain things/objects/landscape? Also, a tutorial about how to set up a wizard.txt would be cool too*. Thought about making one for some of the STEP mods with different options. Looked at the one in the BAIN version of Bellyaches pack, but it's kind of confusing...

*Haven't perused the manual too much. Whenever I read manuals for anything I'm good for a couple of pages then my mind goes off somewhere else. Hafta read stuff multiple times if it's long winded..AD\HD prolly..lol

Wrinkly Ninja has mostly completed his rewrite of the Wrye Bash documentation he has requested comments.

Thanks for the heads up. I will peruse it.

I am working with WN on this now. Have it in Notepad++ and adding some detail as well as some Skyrim-centric points that are still missing ... let me know if you want to review as well and we can address chunks. Fe. BAIN is my main specialty right now. I know quite a bit about mods as well, but I could use some help on that piece.

Well mentioning the oblivion specific stuff from the other thread would be a good start of things to add to it, if you want to submit our proposed changes as a team throw it up on google and send me a pm, I got some time tonight to go through it and edit.

hold down the Ctrl key just like in Explorer

Okaaay... That was weird. When I tried that in WB last night it didn't work(one of the first things I tried btw...lol). Now, I get outta work crack open WB and now I can Ctrl click to my hearts content...? *ugh*

Thanks again!

Ok, I am about halfway through WN's new masterpiece and haven't found any errors or omissions. Very impressive work, but takes forever to proofread like this. Its like he's taken Principals of Accounting and translated it to War and Peace, still long winded but at least it doesn't make you want to pluck your eyes out.

Also, should be noted that in Fig. 16 if you've made a complex BAIN out of Skyrim HD (or any other mod that has multiple resolutions/options that the user has included in the BAIN) and don't have one of the sub folders within the BAIN selected that when you go to the "Conflicts" tab, the potential conflict WON'T be there 'til the sub package(folder) is selected...

When I clicked on Tobes textures listed in the example and didn't see ALL the conflicts listed IN the example, I freaked out 'cause I THOUGHT *I* screwed up the BAIN package some how..