Smaller Ice Spike and Ice Spear (by Odin_ml)

torminater

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is a great mod; it is one that i have been using myself for quite some time now, and i must say, once you start using the mod it will be hard to ever use the vanilla spikes again. I think it makes a world of difference and seems a lot more realistic to have these reasonably sized spikes dangling from an NPC rather than a huge spike that would likely weigh a ton and be too much weight for the body to handle.

I prefer 30% reduced. 50% is obviously better than vanilla as well' date=' but I like the bolts not sticking through a body.[/quote']

im not sure what you mean. i dont understand how the 50% smaller spike will go through bodies but the larger 30% spike does not.

Hm? Did I confuse the sizes? I thought 50% meant half size and 30% meant 1/3 the size. 

Well, to make it clearer, I'll ignore the percents and say that I prefer the smallest size but even the middle size is better than vanilla. Hopefully that clears up what I meant. ;)

Hm? Did I confuse the sizes? I thought 50% meant half size and 30% meant 1/3 the size. 

Well, to make it clearer, I'll ignore the percents and say that I prefer the smallest size but even the middle size is better than vanilla. Hopefully that clears up what I meant. ;)

oh i see what youre saying. I always thought that 30% meant a 30% reduction, not 30% of the original size. If it's 30% the original size then that would be my preference as well. In fact, when i first started using the mod, I chose the 50% version thinking it was the smallest one offered, then i actually reduced it down by another 25% or so in Nifskope.

So yeah, like you, I think the smallest version is best :thumbsup:

glad we got that cleared up lol.

so yeah, my vote is for the smaller of the two versions. however, either version is a marked improvement over vanilla in my opinion and would be welcome addition to STEP proper. Or we could just recommend the mod itself and let the user choose his/her preferred size. We dont have to recommend one size over the other

There's nothing wrong with vanilla. This is just a preference mod and this not for Core. At any rate, we probably shouldn't be discussing Core in the public forums when we haven't even made any announcements. First announcement should probably be after the 1st when Core voting is finalized. At least that is what you guys said when I wanted make an announcement a while back.

I would also support this for STEP:Core. I've always thought the large ice spikes were much too large to look good. This is no different than resizing the moons...correction, I think this is a much more important improvement than resizing the moons. I think either option is acceptable as they are both improvements over vanilla. I think we should just recommend the mod and allow the user to select their preferred size. It's mostly personal preference anyway, and I don't think there's an overriding reason for STEP to support one size over the other.

There's nothing wrong with vanilla. This is just a preference mod and this not for Core. At any rate' date=' we probably shouldn't be discussing Core in the public forums when we haven't even made any announcements. First announcement should probably be after the 1st when Core voting is finalized. At least that is what you guys said when I wanted make an announcement a while back.[/quote']

sure, at the end of the day it all comes down to preference. If you believe that an ice spike the size of vanilla one could feasibly penetrate and then be completely supported by a human body without any sagging, then there's nothing "wrong" with vanilla. 

But youre right, we/I shouldnt discuss Core at this time or in this forum. noted.

We have to get into the mentality that Core is/will be extremely restricted. Fixes and necessary improvements only. All else should be in the Pack and not Core. Core is bare-bones, minimal. This mod is strictly preference. It doesn't fix anything. It doesn't correct an oversight in development. This is no reason to have this installed if you're just "fixing" the game; therefore, it's straight Pack material.