Kirk Hamilton's mod suggestions

torminater

Hey guys.

Just found this thread on Kotaku. Here's the link.

He suggests several mods. Here's a list of the mods not suggested for STEP so far (afaik at least).

FXAA Injector (a preset)

Better Dynamic Snow

Cloaks of Skyrim

Crimson Tide - Blood

Elvenwood

Lush Grass

Lush Trees

Faster Vanilla Horses

I think his combination of mods will very likely work very well, otherwise he wouldn't have posted it. I have tested already all of the mods besides Cloaks of Skyrim, the FXAA preset and Elvenwood without any problems. I cannot say whether there will be any incompatibilities with the new STEP, but there will be some with "old" STEP mods. If you guys want I can try out the mods with a FULL-HD-STEP-2.01-install on highest settings. It will take some time though, and I actually would like to end my testing on z-fighting first. At the moment I don't have a Full-Step-2.01 install, so first I would have to pick through that.

Maybe some others might add their input on those mods and do some testing?

Well better dynamic snow is a no brainer for inclusion, theres nothing even close that I'm aware of. And the lush grass and trees are also very nice but are heavy fps hitters. Cloaks of skyrim is gorgeous and lore friendly I recommended it on the nexus forums. Crimson tide conflicts with enhanced blood which is much more realistic.

Yes - Better Dynamic Snow is in good shape now. Optic and Brumbek have done loads of work on it, and have elected to leave the default snow effects on problematic meshes, while the majority of places get the benefit of the improved version.

I'm also a fan of Lush Grass and Trees, though they definitely deserve the red FPS warning. We should give each of these mods their own thread - Z will be in here chopping us up! I'll start topics for the Lush mods and BDS.