NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN

TechAngel85

Overpriced piece of hardware that's gonna be old in a year or two.

I guess if you have unlimited budget, it doesn't matter. But value for money or performance revolution it is not.

Two Radeon 7970s offer more performance for less money, although they would not be an ideal solution for everyone.

I well agree with upon the price performance.

The 7970 is an increadible card in it self and with the cheap price tag it makes for the best gaming card without doubt.

Now titan as nvidia has stated many times, "Titan is a enthusiast gpu card"

And i bet they say this becuse it is an expensive card aswell as its not a good card for the money.

But its a hell of a card and in my view money well worth.

I cannot use amd duo to having an nvidia 3d monitor, aswell as i perfer nvidias Drivers over amd's.

Titan is also the strongest gpu available and with its 6gb. So no scaling issues.

But dont mistake me, Im not saying SLI crossfire dosnt work good becuse it dos, but its not 100%.

Glad I ran into this topic. XD

I have a literal unlimited budget coming up (The money I'm getting is "Use it, or lose it" money) and have to spend as much of that money as I can

I guess in that regard I should consider going with the Titan? TBH, I don't want to deal with SLI at all. But that's probably because I'm getting old and crotchety. "It's new? **** that ****."

Sorry if I derail the topic. Kinda want some opinions on this build. Mostly in regard to the Titan and whether I should bother with it or not. I'm going to be doing some graphical work and bad, memory leak filled programming (hence the 16GB RAM and I7 instead of I5). And some music editing as well.

But mostly gaming. XD

https://pcpartpicker.com/p/JRpN

Should I even bother with the Titan though? I'm thinking it's not worth it even on the ridiculous budget I have to work with. We're talking $10,000+ here. I'll be doing multiple monitors if I go the Titan route. It's a maybe if otherwise.

$10,000 use it or lose it? Sign me up! If the most demanding thing you're going to be doing is gaming the Titan is surely overkill for the near future, however if you need to spend the money you can always buy it (or something more expensive) and sell it for a slightly "worse" (read: not as godly) card + cash.

Yeah, the thought did cross my mind. I have two bluray sets that happen to have discs with a 3D version that I still haven't got a use out of. :3

I'll also be doing some sound editing so there are other things the money will go towards.

Which reminds me, what's an actually good sound card for that? I finally got the urge to record stuffs.

I did a little more research last night before heading to bed and am pretty much not doing the Titan. That price:performance ratio is disappointing when I could just get a GTX 690 instead. Or go for something even cheaper that isn't overkill and use that until the next big thing comes out next year.

I've also heard that 3d gaming really comes into its own when it's scaled up to projector dimensions. There are some damn nice projectors now - not cheap, but not crazy prices either.

I'd go to a pro music forum to ask about the sound card. I think if you're really serious you'll want a high quality external DAC rather than an internal card.