Skyrim Project Optimization (by rgabriel15)

Besidilo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to mods. I have been installing the STEP Core mods and came across this one. STEP does not list SPO as a core mod, but the advantages seem suited to my machine. I am at the bottom end of RAM (1 GB GPU and 4 GB CPU). So I figured I would add this mod to help performance. I use Mod Organizer for mod installation and management. When I click on the mod in Mod Organizer to install, I get this message -

"This looks like a package prepared for installation through BAIN. You can select options from the list below. If there is a package.txt file, it should contain detailed information about the options."

There is no package.txt file. The options are two checkboxes labeled "Data" and "Options". My question is...Do I check both boxes? I do not have any DLC, only Vanilla Skyrim.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

• 1 month later...
Might I suggest adding the recommendation of ESM over ESP to the Wiki notes? (And hence to the STEP guide itself' date=' I'm guessing). This isn't necessarily a clear choice for those new to mods or to STEP![/quote']

It says right in the mod page when to use each. Reading the mod pages/readmes is part of the users responsibility or the STEP Guide would be littered with similar notes.

• 7 months later...

I found this thread on ENB forums. It says

Added occlusion culling performance optimization which partially work at this moment in exteriors, it can be toggled by new parameter EnableOcclusionCulling in enblocal.ini.

Occlusion culling is not effect, it's special method to not render objects which are not visible behind others. Properly used it decrease cpu usage.

Doesn't this do more or less the same thing as this mod?

Occlusion culling in ENB is for water parallax, not lighting. This project it for lighting and meant to help improve performance by shutting of shadow casting lights you cannot see anyways.

The names are the same since the method "occullsion culling" is the same.. just applied on different things.

• 1 month later...

Very interesting updated has been released today (just in case someone doesn't have the mod tracked on Nexus).

Version 1.6

Updated all plugins, except Dawnguard, to carryover Unofficial Patches changes

And a quote from the author:

1.51 reverted back some changes from Unofficial Patches after USKP team changed the mod to false .ESM, but only minor edits, nothing to worry about on your savegame.

Edited by Octopuss