Skyrim Project Optimization (by rgabriel15)

Besidilo

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed the mod "Hjerim TNF - Hearthfire" by goatk - to upgrade the Hjerim player home, and found that STEP Core is incompatible and turns some of the walls and flooring green!

"Skyrim Project Optimization" uses occlusion planes which are set to work with vanilla Skyrim player homes, but do not work with player homes where the layout has changed.

The solution is to install "No Homes - Full Version" instead of the "Full Version" which STEP currently recommends.

I think the "No Homes - Full Version" should be the recommended version of this mod.
(or at least update the STEP instructions to let people know that this mod prevents you from using some player home mods)

Edited by kabepo

I installed the mod "Hjerim TNF - Hearthfire" by goatk - to upgrade the Hjerim player home, and found that STEP Core is incompatible and turns some of the walls and flooring green!

"Skyrim Project Optimization" uses occlusion planes which are set to work with vanilla Skyrim player homes, but do not work with player homes where the layout has changed.

The solution is to install "No Homes - Full Version" instead of the "Full Version" which STEP currently recommends.

I think the "No Homes - Full Version" should be the recommended version of this mod.

(or at least update the STEP instructions to let people know that this mod prevents you from using some player home mods)

Adding player home mods is outside the scope of STEP. Additional changes like that, by the user, need to be resolved by the user making said changes. There are case scenarios like this for nearly all mods in the Guide. Accounting for all of them would be a nightmare in maintenance! Therefore, users making changes outside of the Guide's scope are on their own. Of course posting for help in the support forums is an option, but changing the Guide for situations like this is not feasible.

Adding player home mods is outside the scope of STEP.

I understand what you are saying.

The STEP Mandate states "STEP:Core is a comprehensive assemblage of game "corrections" with minimal potential for conflict with downstream Packs and mods." and "STEP:Core is NOT about ... mods that have a high likelihood of having "data conflicts" with other mods."

The "Skyrim Project Optimization" has two main versions, the "Full Version" and the "No Homes - Full Version". The mod author created the "No Homes" version specifically "to avoid incompatibilities with mods that alter the buyable homes in Major Cities."

So if you are aiming for minimal potential for conflict with downstream Packs and mods, and do not want a high likelihood of having data conflicts with other mods, then in my opinion, the "No Homes - Full Version" is the version to use.