Infinite loading screen when fast travelling from Solstheim to Skyrim

DaBozz

Question

Hi,

after installing all of the STEP mods and travelling to Solstheim I can't get back to Skyrim. The loading screen just loops and loops (I stopped after 15 minutes) and nothing happens.

Do you know if there is any known issue which could cause my problem?

Thanks very, very much!!!

Intel i5-3450 @ 3,1 GHz
HIS Radeon HD 7850 IceQ X Turbo 2GB @ 1000 - 1200 MHz
1920x1080
HDD used
Skyrim Launcher set on Ultra, advanced settings set to the values recommended in the STEP guide
Additional mods: Project Parallax, ENB, Darker Dungeons for ENB, ENB particle patch, Skyrim Project Optimization
Texture Resolution: 1k for big mods like 2k textures and Serious HD, highest available for smaller mods
Installation method: Mod Organizer, sorted via BOSS

• Answers 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ah, I was under the impression that Purge Cell Buffer does the same thing as quitting to main menu. I am aware that you should only use it in the interior cells though, but if it works (possibly for other ILS-vulnerable spots, i.e. exitting Markarth), it may be a half-solution...

As part of my updating to the latest ENB version 223, then I also just tested this again!

With the new EnableCompression = true, then the ILS is mostly gone! At least I could make a trip for the first time in a week.

Please do try out that and then return with feedback.

As part of my updating to the latest ENB version 223, then I also just tested this again!

With the new EnableCompression = true, then the ILS is mostly gone! At least I could make a trip for the first time in a week.

Ugh. Project ENB is only updated for 0.221. You can't use it with 0.223 I don't think. I'm more concerned about freezing at this point :(

Okay full diagnostic of my changes to try to get rid of this annoying issue.

Replaced SFO with SFO basic.

Replaced Ultimate lush overhaul with Lush trees only.

Reduced to only using high quality normals in RWT 2

Upgraded to v.223 of ENB with the latest changes to ENBoost. Set it too true, and voila... no ILS.

and ofc you can use it... the extra additions you are not going to notice missing anyways and they are not going to make anything stand out badly with the default settings. I would be very surprised if they where. Just copy in the new .dll and enbhost.exe and never look back. When when project ENB is someday updated you can do it "properly".

But regardless about this issue, then it seems to be a simple matter of reducing the amount of stuff that needs to load solves it... like always.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but I thought that EnableCompression = true has always been the hardcoded default in ENBboost, and the inclusion of the setting is only to give the option of disabling it, by setting it to false.

Didn't we come to a conclusion that it was large number of SCRIPTED mods that caused ILS?

Did you try to reapply previous versions of those mods and test with 223 enb file?

I have a feeling that this is all too random to establish any kind of pattern...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

Not gonna bother going back... it works now! So I am not gonna jinx it.

The only thing I did was to reduce the amount of meshes that require loading, and the water normal texture. If that sorts it out and I can keep wet n cold then that is a good deal. I am not that desperate for extra trees. And I still have a lush tree so the ones that are there do not look like meh.

And yes Its still Solstheim to Skyrim.

About the loading screens, then the ones I get now are pure black, but it loads within 30 seconds as it should.

Which meshes did you cut out and how? For those of us who can't see what you're doing please.

--->

Okay full diagnostic of my changes to try to get rid of this annoying issue.

Replaced SFO with SFO basic.

Replaced Ultimate lush overhaul with Lush trees only.

Reduced to only using high quality normals in RWT 2

Upgraded to v.223 of ENB with the latest changes to ENBoost. Set it too true, and voila... no ILS.

and ofc you can use it... the extra additions you are not going to notice missing anyways and they are not going to make anything stand out badly with the default settings. I would be very surprised if they where. Just copy in the new .dll and enbhost.exe and never look back. When when project ENB is someday updated you can do it "properly".

But regardless about this issue, then it seems to be a simple matter of reducing the amount of stuff that needs to load solves it... like always.

I have found an inconvenient yet working solution for myself.

The trick is - I have to disable one (of the list posted earlier in this thread) mod to be able to travel from Solstheim to Skyrim. And I have to have it enabled while traveling to Solstheim from Skyrim. So whenever I want to travel from Solstheim to Skyrim, I save, shut down the game, disable SkyFalls and SkyMills in Mod Organizer, start the game and travel to Skyrim. Then I go inside Windhelm, save, shut down the game, enable SkyFalls and SkyMills and reload the game.

If I enable the mod while I am in Windhelm docs, I still get the ILS when loading the game in there.

And as I already said, I can disable some other mod, but disabling & enabling SkyFalls and SkyMills is less painful because I don't have to rebuild bashed patch, dual sheath redux patch or run boss and don't have to worry about some quests or NPCs or items ******* up because I disabled the mod.

[spoiler=Some of the mods that I can disable for this workaround]

3DNPC v3

SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills

Wyrmstooth

The Hanging Gardens - a Quest

Helgen Reborn

Luftahraan - Heimfeigr

I have found an inconvenient yet working solution for myself.

The trick is - I have to disable one (of the list posted earlier in this thread) mod to be able to travel from Solstheim to Skyrim. And I have to have it enabled while traveling to Solstheim from Skyrim. So whenever I want to travel from Solstheim to Skyrim, I save, shut down the game, disable SkyFalls and SkyMills in Mod Organizer, start the game and travel to Skyrim. Then I go inside Windhelm, save, shut down the game, enable SkyFalls and SkyMills and reload the game.

If I enable the mod while I am in Windhelm docs, I still get the ILS when loading the game in there.

And as I already said, I can disable some other mod, but disabling & enabling SkyFalls and SkyMills is less painful because I don't have to rebuild bashed patch, dual sheath redux patch or run boss and don't have to worry about some quests or NPCs or items ******* up because I disabled the mod.

[spoiler=Some of the mods that I can disable for this workaround]

3DNPC v3

SkyFalls and SkyMills - Animated Distant Waterfalls and WindMills

Wyrmstooth

The Hanging Gardens - a Quest

Helgen Reborn

Luftahraan - Heimfeigr

A much easier way, as I said before, would be just to save, quit to menu, load your game, then fast travel.

Unsticked this thread as part of my optimization of the support subforum.

I plan on having a new general ILS thread up soon to take its place.

Going to leave it open, since this particular transition can still be more bothersome then most!