Missing (black/purple) Texture? Report it here!

Farlo

Question

I've found a weird missing texture issue.

I'm getting the nails on crates showing up as purple, yet there are no meshes replacements for that model (meshes/clutter/common/cratesmall01.nif is what I've noticed it on so far), and the textures (textures/gray.dds and textures/default_n.dds) are in the right place, yet they still show up as purple.

Any help?

I'm having a specific missing texture on greatswords only (I believe it's the sheaths): no idea where it's from. I only ran the vanilla and HDDLC textures through DDSOpt and nothing else that I've put into my game setup, haven't even gotten around to applying the fixes after optimisation just yet, so I don't know what's causing it. Any help pinning it down would be appreciated, thanks! I'm using all mods under STEP section 2I except Nightingale Prime, not Really HD Mask of Clavicus Vile, and Shield of Ysgramor. Additional weapon mods would be Heavy Armory. I'm also using the aMidianBorn Textures For Immersive Armors and Lore-Friendly Armor Pack. other than those, I can't think of anything else that might result in this particular texture going missing.

Posted Image

Maybe it's common knowledge, but i noticed that ddsopt sometimes optimize planar textures (uniform color textures) into 1x1 textures. This caused purple textures to replace the optimized planar texture.

Resizing these textures at 16x16 size solved the problem.

It is not common knowledge I would say, but it is part of the reason why I (we) always say not to just DDSopt everything! Sometimes stuff like that happens. I find it happens more to skins and armor-weapons mods then landscape ones though.

Hey, I recently installed Skyrim with Neovalens Guide and everything (after a week of testing) seems fine.

The only thing annoying is that the inside of my lanterns are pink/purple. I speak of the Wearable Lanterns mod which i have installed with the SMIM compatibilty Patch.

Redownload and reinstall of the mod+patch doesnt seem to work, so I wonder where the culprit hides.

If you are sure that it is due to the lanterns mod, then you should be able to find the path of the texture used with Tes5edit without too much of a fuss since the mod is not that massive.

Once you have the name of the texture you can find out which to replace or look at more indepth.

Also a screenshot would help, since I am a bit confused if you mean the actual lantern or if you mean the glow it produces etc.

But regardless if a simple reinstall does not solve it then try to isolate the texture responsible.

Well none of the textures the mod uses as unique could account for it I think. Otherwise the issue should be fixed by reinstalling it.

Guess there is nothing to it other then the good old way.

If you followed Neo´s guide I assume you are using Mod Organizer. And that you have extracted all the .bsa´s from the official HDDLC etc.

Try to move the HDDLC mods all the way down to the bottom of the mod list, this way you make sure that vanilla textures are overwriting everything and are used ingame. This way you do not have to disable individual mods etc. you can just move the HDDLC mods back up again when you are done testing.

Start a new game using the console (open the console in the main menu of the game , and then type coc riverwood)

Now provide yourself with a lantern. In the console type "help lantern". This should give you a list with all the required formID´s. Find one under item I think it is.

(You scoll the list with pgup and pgdown)

Then type "player.additem # 1" Where # is the formID for the lantern you want to add to your inventory.

Now you should be able to see if the problem persists. If it does! then you most likely have an issue with a vanilla texture, and then you should try to do this all over again with ONLY the lantern mod and SKSE enabled. If it still does it after that, then I guess you have to file a bug report to chesko and have him look it over.

Edit: Alternatively if you know where to find one you can buy really quick just coc to that location instead and provide yourself with some gold.

player.additem f 1000 is for 1000 gold if I recall correctly!

might be faster if you are not familiar with the console commands.