Missing (black/purple) Texture? Report it here!

Farlo

Question

Now you should be able to see if the problem persists. If it does! then you most likely have an issue with a vanilla texture, and then you should try to do this all over again with ONLY the lantern mod and SKSE enabled. If it still does it after that, then I guess you have to file a bug report to chesko and have him look it over.

Hey, thanks for the detailed Help. I followed your Tips and it seems that is is an issue with a vanilla texture, as the wearable Lantern worked when I ran SKSE and WearableLanterns.esp only. So maybe something went wrong with DDOspt ? What can I do now to fix it now ?

Is that the Travel Lantern?

Chesko mentions that there is a bug with the Travel Lantern's world object where the oil assembly does not appear and I would assume this applies when equipped.

I wouldn't know I usually use the Torchbug Lantern unless I find another of the types as loot. Also I know the Manual of Lantern Care book can be used to configure the Lanterns have you tried seeing if adjusting the brightness, etc. helps any?

Now you should be able to see if the problem persists. If it does! then you most likely have an issue with a vanilla texture, and then you should try to do this all over again with ONLY the lantern mod and SKSE enabled. If it still does it after that, then I guess you have to file a bug report to chesko and have him look it over.

Hey, thanks for the detailed Help. I followed your Tips and it seems that is is an issue with a vanilla texture, as the wearable Lantern worked when I ran SKSE and WearableLanterns.esp only. So maybe something went wrong with DDOspt ? What can I do now to fix it now ?

I have circumscribed the missing texture to be in my Vanilla Official HD-Textures Optimized

I found my Problem !

It was a faulty black.dds in the textures folder. Deleting it resolved all problems. Thanks everyone for the Help !

Altering compression levels etc. on textures sometimes have this effect sadly. Glad to hear that you found the texture in question.

However you should not delete it, just replace it with a non optimized version since that should work. This is most likely an optimization gone wrong.

I have the purple nails problem with crates too--I'll see about restoring the default texture there, thanks!

Also showing as purple for me in Whiterun:

- Some characters' teeth. Just saw it on a Battle-Born noble.

- Bars or planks sticking out of the blacksmith's forge

Reporting purple trees here.  This video is exactly what I'm seeing:

I've installed almost EVERYTHING in the Step guide (after 3 full days of tinkering).  I used Wrye Bash, and installed all the mods in the correct order.  As far as I can tell, I didn't make any mistakes, but there's obviously some conflict somewhere...   

When I press the tilde key while standing in front of the purple slab i get a number it is 0004629 does this help? I would realy like to identify the missing texture to find out what is missing and why.

This is the bridge out of riverwood, by the way.

Well that just means it's from Skyrim.esm, but you need to look in textures->landscape->roads. The bridge textures are bridge01.dds, bridge01_n.dds, and bridge01_p.dds. See if you can open those files up in something like Paint.NET or Compressanator to see if there is something wrong with them. Or just delete them entirely and see if it's still purple.

If they are fine after deleting them or you can tell there is something wrong then reinstall the mods that cover bridges. I have Serious HD for the bridge01.dds and Terrain Bump for the bridge01_n.dds and nothing for the bridge01_p.dds, which is probably the parallax map so just ignore it anyways.