Missing (black/purple) Texture? Report it here!

Farlo

Question

Hello Everyone !

It's my first post here but I need your help with some missing texture I've got.

It was after the dragon attack near Whiterun (just near the watch tower) at the beginning of the game, I suppose it was where the dragon breathed fire.

I've installed many of the STEP mods and never had any problems since then. Any ideas of which is causing this trouble ?

Thanks a lot ! And great job for STEP, it's amazing !

PS : here is the screenshot

Posted Image

Yes it could definitely be that ! It's a shame I didn't save at that moment so that I can check after having reinstalled it (I think I checked the box for fire "dual impact" at the first time, maybe not a good idea).

Anyway when I launch a fire spell now (never did this before since it's not the role of my class) it seems to work well with the impact so...

I'll report back if any other problems !

Thanks again for your help !

Then you have a mod that overwrites the texture and that texture is not working properly. Find the name of the texture in the mesh settings' date=' and then do a search for the texture.[/quote']

The texture in question is the femalebody_1.dds texture. Which makes it even weirder, because barefoot the feet look fine. 

EDIT: Weirdest of all, this purple texture bug only happens with Olfina Gray-Mane so far. When my own character wears barkeeper shoes, there's no purple texture.

EDIT2: Okay, slightly less weird, but still have no idea what's causing it. All Nord women have purple feet. I don't know how or why, but the foot texture is not applying for them for some reason.

Hello,

I am getting a purple texture for Aela's bow and quiver...can anyone point me in the direction of where to look for this and fix it? I started looking through some of the optimized texture folders hoping to find an all purple bow but no luck yet. Also, should .dds files ever have pink in them like the _n.dds ones do? A few of the files I was browsing did...not all pink but a little bit mixed in spots

For how to find and fix texture issues then check out my guide on the matter. It is right next to this thread.

a .dds should not like like a _n.dds unless it is a sort of mushroom trip sort of texture.

You kinda need to say which particular files you are talking about so people can cross reference with their own textures.

I know of a few textures that do contain pink as a color so they are there.

oh my bad, I found this thread via search. 

Files I found with pink:

daedricarrow.dds

daedricbow.dds

draugrarrow.dds

dwarvenarrow.dds

falmerarrow.dds

elven-->bow.dds

None of those files are ALL pink...just varying splashes in each one. Going to look for other thread now

I went through your other post and pretty sure I narrowed down the Aela texture to Steel Arrow and Bow. Is correcting this done by just deleting my optimized folders and re-ddsopt'ing them? When I did this I configured DDSopt per the guide, and then followed the procedures outlined in Skyrim Revisited in terms of cleaning the Bethesda ESMs and Optimizing the textures.

I tried disabling all of the optimized folders in MO and reload the save but the texture was still purple. 

post-1843-13934818474322_thumb.jpg