Missing (black/purple) Texture? Report it here!

Farlo

Question

129 answers to this question

If you disabled the optimized folders and its still a problem, then you most likely have a mod installed that provides textures for it.

Try to look though any weapon replacer mods you have installed like Cabal´s or any arrow and bow mods.

If you want to make sure that the optimized textures are good, try to move them down to the bottom of your mod list, and then try again.

This way all your textures will be your optimized vanilla ones! And they should all work as intended!

Remember that you can always replace textures on a save, so you do not need to make a new one every time etc.

thanks for the help...it was book of silence...did not see the hot fix files that the author added in the optional files section. Totally my fault for missing it when downloading the mod but maybe add that specific direction to the detailed instructions portion?

It is going to be included when he updates next time anyways. Always keep in mind to actually read the description pages of mods, and look at the optional downloads and make sure you got what you need for your list! :)

The guides are always going to behind :)

Hello everyone,

I recently optimized the vanilla textures textures.bsa from the skyrim data folder in accordance with the DDSpot guide on STEP. Everything looks great BUT I get the entire island of Solstheim purple. Not sure why this is happening.

When I turn off the optimized Vanilla textures via Mod Organizer everything is great when I look at Solstheim. But I want to keep the optimized textures. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this. Do you the name of the file that handles Solstheim when viewed from Skyrim.

As always thanks for the support.

Kant

Its hard to know what might cause this. Check the number of files and folders in your vanilla optimized archive files with the numbers shown at the bottom of the "Optimize the Vanilla Textures" subsection in the DDSopt guide to make sure you haven't somehow lost some texture files. DDSopt collapses some monochrome texture files, and you might also check to see if your graphic card has a problem with this. This happens with a very small percentage of graphic cards, but it does happen. Temporarily add back the textures from the original \textures\terrain folder from Dragonborn and HRDLC2 to see if there is a problem with the optimized version of these; restore the optimized versions of this doesn't fix the problem.

I am getting a lot of purple bush or shrubbery textures along the roads in the reach and in Markarth. I don't know what kind of plant it is or what mod its missing from. I have Vurt's floral overhaul and various other texture mods. how do I go about finding it? I assume the purple object means the mesh is there but not the texture.

I am getting purple textures for some kind of shrub in Markarth, the Reach and a few in Solitude. I did some resarch and found that the plant FormID was 0001f239 which is "TreeReachShrub01" and "TreeFloraJuniper01"

I looked through all my texture folders and mods and could not find any textures for this plant and I don't know what to do now to replace it. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Have you ever ran into textures that you can't reduce? I was going through my custom texture folders trying to free up some memory by doing half size normal maps. In game however, I get occasional black areas in the texture like the alpha got changed. It's not all the textures, just a handful. I have tried using dxt5 and 8a compression but it makes no difference. The only solution is to add the 2k normals from the archive and overwrite. The only thing I have not tried is uncompressed, but I guess that would defeat the purpose. Any help would be appreciated.

When I say custom, I mean that I have gone through all available texture replacers and hand picked every texture possible.

I hope I'm not necro'ing this thread.

Problem: "black" texture after following DDSOpt Wiki Guide

Particulars: Used S1, S2, S3 settings for optimization

Result: "Black" textures on male bodies. Discovered it depended on lighting. Replaced optimized malebody_1_msn.dds with same file from Skyrim-Textures.bsa and issue corrected.

I recall reading some warnings about Model Space Normal files (and body textures in general) while checking out optimizations, but I can't find it again. I can't find it on the linked-to Wiki page from the STEP homepage, at least.