Missing (black/purple) Texture? Report it here!

Farlo

Question

I've just started running my STEP 2.2.8 Extended based setup tonight.  I found this missing texture - the stone "caps" on the bridge sides.  This is the first bridge I've come to, don't know if all bridges are like this, but I suspect they are.

When I look for the formid, I get 000edbc2.

Here are a few screenshots of the problem area:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And, here is my mod list - copied from "modlist.txt"

https://pastebin.com/0eAY1VWc

This is from a brand new game - maybe had 10 minutes of playtime in it.  I have been doing a lot of "swapping around" with my mod list over the last few weeks though and at this point, I'm not sure what this may be caused by.  (read this as, I don't know what I did to frak it up. ;)  )

Thanks in advance...

Edited by p4ck3tl055

p4ck3tl055

This thread in the General section under Troubleshooting discusses how to determine the name of the missing texture so you can find it. Since the first two characters in the FormID are 00 it is one of the textures in Skyrim - textures.bsa; of course it might have been overwritten by a texture in another mod.

----------

I installed the Real Explorer's Guide to Skyrim pack, and I used DDSopt to optimize these textures while doing this since there are a lot of exterior textures. I found one optimized texture that shows up as purple in the game, ssewersinvisbletex01.dds from Skyrim Sewers. This is a monocolor texture, and DDSopt collapses it as it should. Unfortunately it isn't being displayed properly. I'll add this texture to the DDSopt.ini .

Kelmych - Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to use it again in the future.  Come to find out, the problem wasn't a missing texture, but a missing mod - SMIM!  I can not believe that I missed that mod when I was putting my setup back together, but I did.  As soon as I got it installed, the bridge received it's texture and everything is right in the world again.

It seems that Immersive Armors it couse of purples for me. General thallius, his lady friend + Ulchric and his bear bf are missing textures. When I disable Immersive Armors they work just fine. Any idea where could be a problem?

Yeah, all checked.

And I forgot to mention that my install is fresh SR:LE. Everything else seems to be working so far, I have seen issues only with Immersive Armors (Disabling that and everything works)

Unpack and what after? I dont rly understand the concept. Sorry. This whole thing has been big learning curve for me but so far I have managed to follow step by step instructions and videos. On thing could be SR Conflight Resolution, I did use one that was premade sence I didnt understand it, but sence I have 1:1 of SR:LE I assume it is working.

oh, you followed SR:LE

Did you see this

Select "BSA Extractor" in the left pane.In the right pane, double click the value to the right of "enabled" and select "true".

Did you make sure you listen to the Notice

Notice:Critically Important! The first time a mod is installed that contains .bsa file Mod Organizer will ask if you wish to extract it. Respond [Yes] and check the box labeled "Remember Selection" so you will not be prompted again.

The conversation continued in PM so...

In conclusion he was following SR:LE which has the user extract all of the bsa and then instructs to delete the dummy esps.

WDW's MO was told to not extract the bsa and to never ask again even though, the bsa extract setting was enabled.

To fix this you "Reset Dialogs" then go to MO's archives tab and right-click -> Extract then navigate to the mod folder that the bsa originated from and then you can delete the bsa that was just extracted.

DDSopt extracts and repackages BSAs, and we already came to the understanding that extracting BSAs is actually not ideal in Skyrim (unless optimizing and repackaging) so I am not sure why there is still discussion or recommendations around here to extract BSAs in MO ... there are some exceptions, but in general, one should leave BSAs packed as long as conflicts can be managed this way.

We used to recommend unpackaging all BSAs, but that has been determined as erroneous advice, given that MO allows for much greater control over load order of BSA assets, and those assets actually load faster into the game, even when compared to SSD.

Perhaps I have missed something though since I have been out of that scene for the last couple of months?

DDSopt extracts and repackages BSAs, and we already came to the understanding that extracting BSAs is actually not ideal in Skyrim (unless optimizing and repackaging) so I am not sure why there is still discussion or recommendations around here to extract BSAs in MO ... there are some exceptions, but in general, one should leave BSAs packed as long as conflicts can be managed this way.

We used to recommend unpackaging all BSAs, but that has been determined as erroneous advice, given that MO allows for much greater control over load order of BSA assets, and those assets actually load faster into the game, even when compared to SSD.

Perhaps I have missed something though since I have been out of that scene for the last couple of months?

In response to Z... 

Yeah, all checked.And I forgot to mention that my install is fresh SR:LE. Everything else seems to be working so far, I have seen issues only with Immersive Armors (Disabling that and everything works) Unpack and what after? I dont rly understand the concept. Sorry. This whole thing has been big learning curve for me but so far I have managed to follow step by step instructions and videos. On thing could be SR Conflight Resolution, I did use one that was premade sence I didnt understand it, but sence I have 1:1 of SR:LE I assume it is working.

WDW was following what SR:LE guide said to do which is to set MO to extract ALL bsa. Generally, this wouldn't be a problem but SR:LE also says to delete the dummy esps for each mod. How would this not be an issue?If the dummy esps were still present in the Load Order MO would be able to see which bsa need to be loaded and where.  I know STEP recommends NOT to extract bsa. Neo's SR:LE requires that bsa be extracted. Personally, I extract mine because I know where to place them and I am also aware of which files are supposed to overwrite which.   Do you want the quotes from SR:LE about extracting them. In post #98 there are the specific lines

Edited by hishutup

In MO, plugins are not required to load BSA assets. MO loads such assets according to mod priority in the left pane when MO is allowed to manage archives, so extraction is only important (even for SRLE) where specific assets from one BSA archive must be interleaved with the assets of another or varying degrees of prioritization must be applied to different assets within a single BSA archive.

Not a big deal really, but just wanted to point that out.