STEP v2.2.3 Official Bug Reports Thread

Farlo

I can't think of a good reason why we're not just using v5.x, searching these forums hasn't turned up any reasons either.

EDIT: It appears that Z added the note on Feb. 3rd.

I don't even remember making the edit. We should not be referencing versions of mods anyway :whistling:

OK, I see why. Changed to v4.x

Moved it to the notes section, Baseline should only be used to distinguish different performance options.

Looks like the Skyrim Community Uncapper by Elys is incompatible with Skyrim 1.9.

Should this post go in a different bug reports thread? Couldn't find one for the Skyrim 1.9 update.

EDIT: Nevermind it looks like he updated it on the nexus.. looks like I've got some updating to do!

Nothing major:

* I've experienced some confusion with the UHRP + HRDLC Optimized + Compatibile UHRP. I believe i've read somewhere that you didn't need the UHRP if you got the compatible version from Vano89's page. Could just be dreaming it. A line to clarify in the wiki instructions would be nice.

* Arvak Reborn has been renamed to Dawnguard Rewritten - Arvak.

thats it. Just went through all of step again last night to look for changes and such.

I had an error with my Daedric helm due to the Improved Closefaced mod.  When I went into third person, I had no head.  When I unequipped the helm it worked fine, but reequipping it made the head disappear.  I moved the Imporved Closefaced mod to just before the Daedric armor and weapons and that fixed it happily.

- Winflakes

I had an error with my Daedric helm due to the Improved Closefaced mod.  When I went into third person, I had no head.  When I unequipped the helm it worked fine, but reequipping it made the head disappear.  I moved the Imporved Closefaced mod to just before the Daedric armor and weapons and that fixed it happily.

- Winflakes

I had this with the Dwarven helm (see discussion starting here) and it was determined that stat changes could cause this as well.  Are you using anything like SkyRe?

- Winflakes

I had this with the Dwarven helm (see discussion starting here) and it was determined that stat changes could cause this as well.  Are you using anything like SkyRe?
The only mods I have installed atm are up to 2.K. of the step guide.  I haven't added any additional mods outside of the guide, yet.  In my Wrye Bash the only conflicts are Lower - Accingite Vos, Improved Closefaced Helmets.  Higher - Close Quivers, Skyrim Delarpification, Greatswords SSwtb.

Improved Closefaced Helmets was listed as lower in the guide, but it was the only one that had a conflict with the Daedrichelmet_..  So I moved it to just before, and it fixed the missing head.

- Winflakes

Which race are you playing? Are you absolutely sure you haven't installed a single non-step mod? Have you cleaned out your entire data directory from old mod remains before starting to implement STEP? Have you used any mods from Steam Workshop before? If yes, did you completely unsubscribe from all of those and deleted their entire content?

- Winflakes

STEP doesn't use the ESP for Daedric Armor and weapon Improvement mod, see the notes:

"...Also disable the ESP as it isn't needed."

It will conflict with Improved Closefaced Helmets.

Which race are you playing? Are you absolutely sure you haven't installed a single non-step mod? Have you cleaned out your entire data directory from old mod remains before starting to implement STEP? Have you used any mods from Steam Workshop before? If yes' date=' did you completely unsubscribe from all of those and deleted their entire content?[/quote']

@torminater

I think it was a Nord.  I loaded up an old save that had Daedric to test it out.  I have now added 10 non-step(with no conflicts) but as of posting all I had installed were step mods.  I installed a metric ton of them, got a GTX 690 and want to see skyrim in all the glory I can, so I installed a LOT of the non-core mods.  I started this new install process by a full format of both drives with a fresh install of windows and Skyrim.  I hadn't installed any other mods before.  I had used some steam workshop mods prior to the clean installs, but not since.  I disabled and unsubscribed from all of them after the full wiping. 

The only possible risidual might be that this save file at one point had mods, but none of them should have carried over any errors (I didn't have any mods that added items outside of playerhomes, and I made sure my load save was from standing in the road in Whiterun).

I had an error with my Daedric helm due to the Improved Closefaced mod. When I went into third person' date=' I had no head. When I unequipped the helm it worked fine, but reequipping it made the head disappear. I moved the Imporved Closefaced mod to just before the Daedric armor and weapons and that fixed it happily.

- Winflakes[/quote']

STEP doesn't use the ESP for Daedric Armor and weapon Improvement mod, see the notes:

@PopReference

Ah, That one slipped by me.  I will swap the install order and disable the esp and check it when I get home.  I'll let you know my results.  Either way, it functions now, and I can see my nords pretty face through the helm, thanks to the closefaced mod, so if all else fails I can just leave it as is.

All things aside, I am VERY new to Wrye bash and it very well could be that I am doing something very wrong.  And as a sidenote question, does BOSS give any inormation on load order for mods that don't have ESP's or ESM's?

- Winflakes

And as a sidenote question, does BOSS give any inormation on load order for mods that don't have ESP's or ESM's?

If it doesn't have an .esp/.esm then it's loose files. If it's loose files it can't be ordered (nor does it need to be).

- Winflakes

Good catch PR ...