v2.2.4 Development Thread

Farlo

Additions

Removals

Mod Order Changes

Guide Changes

• Dark Brotherhood Tenets Restored now has a Baseline of "1024".
  • Non-Essential Children's note has been updated with instructions for Hearthfire users. 
  • Get Snowy's recommendation of using v4.x has been moved from Baseline to the notes section.  No mod changes.
  • Soul Gems Differ no longer requires a BCF. Use the BAIN with wizard version.

Mod Testers

For replacers, the test case should be a high-quality screenshot compare. We don't need a lot, just two or three sets of compares on the thread in Mod Suggestions (MS) marked [ TESTING ].

For non-replacers, please head over to MS and read the stickies prior to posting. Then go into the testing thread and contribute some test ideas or some of your own test results.

The idea is that testing --and logging of that activity on the threads-- will be touch & go for a lot of mods, and it should be pretty clear by anyone stumbling upon any mod thread what the end result is.

Let us know if you want to be a Mod Tester!

Looks like some good new additions to test, but I'd like to make sure we get some of the currently testing mods off the list as well.  In particular I'm looking at these:

As for new stuff I think three obvious choices are Skyrim Improved Puddles, InterfaceMod - Better Dialogue, and Point The Way.

Looks like some good new additions to test, but I'd like to make sure we get some of the currently testing mods off the list as well.  In particular I'm looking at these:

As for new stuff I think three obvious choices are Skyrim Improved Puddles, InterfaceMod - Better Dialogue, and Point The Way.
I support all but Puddles, Interface and Shrines as long as these get their mod pages fully created by at least one person that has fully tested each.

Agree that Golden Gods Shrines are not true to vanilla. I like Shrines HD but prefer a vanilla retexture rather than custom adds ... vanilla is fine IMO.

Added Point the Way to the OP and the Anthology

IMO mods that have been approved for a future version should remain in the MS forum (stickied and tagged) until the new version is released and move them into the Anthology then.  This will help us keep track of which mods are on the table and hopefully bring more discussion to them until their actually added.  Even posting about the move can be lost, to make no mention of one of us forgetting to update the OP with something; we need a definitive point of reference as to what's on the way into the guide.

Added Point the Way to the OP and the Anthology

IMO mods that have been approved for a future version should remain in the MS forum (stickied and tagged) until the new version is released and move them into the Anthology then.  This will help us keep track of which mods are on the table and hopefully bring more discussion to them until their actually added.  Even posting about the move can be lost, to make no mention of one of us forgetting to update the OP with something; we need a definitive point of reference as to what's on the way into the guide.
My bad, that is a better way for sure. I'll move it back if you haven't already ....

EDIT: Moved and corrected... here is the code for the OP when you deem fit, Farlo !

My bad, that is a better way for sure. I'll move it back if you haven't already ....

EDIT: Moved and corrected... here is the code for the OP when you deem fit, Farlo !

You're free to update the OP and approve a mod (obviously), just make sure you mention it :P  I've updated the OP.

I was wondering, see as SMIM now includes an improved version of the lockpick model, is Lockpick Inventory Remodel still needed, or can it be safely removed the list now?

Also, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post. If it could be removed or me directed to a better place to post it, it'd be appreciated.

I was wondering, see as SMIM now includes an improved version of the lockpick model, is Lockpick Inventory Remodel still needed, or can it be safely removed the list now?

Also, I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post. If it could be removed or me directed to a better place to post it, it'd be appreciated.

I mentioned this on the Lockpick Inventory Remodel thread earlier, but haven't gotten around to making any comparison screenshots.  If you're willing to make some for us, please post them on that thread.

I'd like to nominate Sound Propagation Overhaul - Posted Image

Among other things the MOD activates dormant Bethesda sound files for footsteps. MOD Author says it is a WIP and they are taking comments and suggestions.

A video comparison is available and will, imo, greatly enhance immersion. Especially if the author continues to fix issues such as loss of footstep sounds while sprinting and the sound not decreasing while Muffle is in effect (according to commenter).

Seems to be incompatible with "Improved Horse Step Sounds" and I would imagine most anything that add or changes sounds of footsteps.

Among other things the MOD activates dormant Bethesda sound files for footsteps. MOD Author says it is a WIP and they are taking comments and suggestions.

A video comparison is available and will, imo, greatly enhance immersion. Especially if the author continues to fix issues such as loss of footstep sounds while sprinting and the sound not decreasing while Muffle is in effect (according to commenter).

Seems to be incompatible with "Improved Horse Step Sounds" and I would imagine most anything that add or changes sounds of footsteps.

We'll need advocation from persons who have thoroughly tested it under STEP. This mod seems too "young" at this point. I'll install it once I get my drivers working correctly with v1.9.

We'll need advocation from persons who have thoroughly tested it under STEP. This mod seems too "young" at this point. I'll install it once I get my drivers working correctly with v1.9.
Agreed, it is young. Though if it is deemed unworthy at this point, it may be worth keeping in the peripheral; in the event that it does mature.

New information has been added: Also conflict with Clanking Armor and Improved Combat Sounds.