v2.2.5 Development

z929669

Additions

Removals

Mod Order Changes

Guide Changes

Help with this release!

Mod Testers

For replacers, the test case should be a high-quality screenshot compare. We don't need a lot, just two or three sets of compares on the thread in Mod Suggestions (MS) marked [ TESTING ].

For non-replacers, please head over to MS and read the stickies prior to posting. Then go into the testing thread and contribute some test ideas or some of your own test results.

The idea is that testing --and logging of that activity on the threads-- will be touch & go for a lot of mods, and it should be pretty clear by anyone stumbling upon any mod thread what the end result is.

Let us know if you want to be a Mod Tester!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some mods to bring to attention:

Dual Sheath Redux looks to be very, very good - simple in premise, but it just works. As it was tested during development by STEP members, I'd say it's a good inclusion. However, this does mean that either XP32's skeleton or one of the Custom Skeleton Replacers (Basic 13 or 14 looks good for STEP) will have to be included as well, and since neither have versions for the Slightly Reduced Force version of Realistic Ragdolls, that will have be switched to another version of the mod (probally the Realistic version).. Worth the work to set up, however.

Webs - simple name, really good execution. Looks much better than ISW when compared - and since all the webs are now covered, only thing to really compare now are the spider egg textures.

Dawnguard Rune Weapons FXS Replacer - pretty much a no-brainer to me, only adds another ESP. Only needs compaision screenshots.

Deadly Serious Shrouded Armor or Proper Dark Brotherhood Armor retex - which is better, if any? Both appear to replace the same armor.

Diverse Priests - along the same lines as other STEP mods, and would be a good canidate for further testing.

Think To Yourself Messages - good for immersion.

Elys's ALT-F4 plugin for SKSE - appears to work for 1.9, and also allows keyboard media keys to be used (like to change the volume).

Realistic Teeth - Consisitant Older People already has a compatiblity version for it, and it is made by Brumbek after all. Also, I've quickly created a wizard for the mod, so that's taken care of.

Skyrim Improved Puddles - Doesn't appear to conflict with anything, and it's made by a STEP member and Brumbek (again) - worth looking at as well.

Yea, quite a long list, but there were plenty of gems that didn't really get looked at.

Some mods to bring to attention:

Dual Sheath Redux looks to be very, very good - simple in premise, but it just works. As it was tested during development by STEP members, I'd say it's a good inclusion. However, this does mean that either XP32's skeleton or one of the Custom Skeleton Replacers (Basic 13 or 14 looks good for STEP) will have to be included as well, and since neither have versions for the Slightly Reduced Force version of Realistic Ragdolls, that will have be switched. Worth the work, however.

Webs - simple name, really good execution. Looks much better than ISW when compared - and since all the webs are now covered, only thing to really compare now are the spider egg textures.

Dawnguard Rune Weapons FXS Replacer - pretty much a no-brainer to me, only adds another ESP. Only needs compaision screenshots.

Deadly Serious Shrouded Armor or Proper Dark Brotherhood Armor retex - which is better, if any? Both appear to replace the same armor.

Diverse Priests - along the same lines as other STEP mods, and would be a good canidate for further testing.

Think To Yourself Messages - good for immersion.

Elys's ALT-F4 plugin for SKSE - appears to work for 1.9, and also allows keyboard media keys to be used (like to change the volume).

Realistic Teeth - Consisitant Older People already has a compatiblity version for it, and it is made by Brumbek after all. Also, I've quickly created a wizard for the mod, so that's taken care of.

Skyrim Improved Puddles - Doesn't appear to conflict with anything, and it's made by a STEP member and Brumbek (again) - worth looking at as well.

Yea, quite a long list, but there were plenty of gems that didn't really get looked at.

Thanks for taking the time to report these and add in some of the detail here.

I will be working on an announcement regarding the immediate future of STEP, which needs to get even more organized in order to function as the community-driven initiative that we intend. We admin have been slacking a bit lately with regard to helping our members help the project. There is a lot to be done with regard to maintaining STEP, and it needs to be simplified in order to facilitate more participation.

More later!

I think that you admin guys should be focused more on a larger STEP update, like 2.3, while some other members can do the grunt work of minor updates, ala 2.2.5, 2.2.6, .... These can be worked out and then given to the main STEP person (people?) for approval before release.

That would free up some time spent micro managing the project that goes into the small updates, and then focus can be put into larger updates which I'm assuming would be the STEP packs and STEP lighting recommendations. They will never get done if their isn't a team of people working on them without being bogged down by the smaller updates. STEP is always WIP, so there will never be a perfect time to move on to bigger releases without a group that's soul purpose is to get those bigger releases out.

Having beta tested Dual Sheath Redux then I would also vouch for it. There are a few slight animation issues but this is because of the skeleton not the mod, so not much that can be done about it for now.

Stability is good, install simple if you are familiar with skyproc patchers.

Improved puddles I have also been testing out for a few weeks now. It looks nice, blends into its surroundings in a good way so it is actually hard to notice the areas it changes if you are not aware of it.

Only problem I have had with Elys Alt F4 is that it seems to to have a bug with ENB ingame GUI causing it too input keyboard commands twice if you change

anything (Do not know if this has been fixed since I last checked!). But no problems when you are actually playing the game.

Realistic teeth... in the past few weeks the only teeth I can remember is from smiling khajitt... so have been laying off this one since it is not something that I have noticed with the vanilla idles etc. But will give it a try. along with webs and a few of the others.

Updated OP, please follow the link ;)

While I think of it' date=' I noticed that one of the BCFs for the Better Book Names appears to no longer have a working link.[/quote']

The link works for me ... can you point to the page you are referencing?

Having beta tested Dual Sheath Redux then I would also vouch for it. There are a few slight animation issues but this is because of the skeleton not the mod, so not much that can be done about it for now.

Stability is good, install simple if you are familiar with skyproc patchers.

Improved puddles I have also been testing out for a few weeks now. It looks nice, blends into its surroundings in a good way so it is actually hard to notice the areas it changes if you are not aware of it.

Only problem I have had with Elys Alt F4 is that it seems to to have a bug with ENB ingame GUI causing it too input keyboard commands twice if you change

anything (Do not know if this has been fixed since I last checked!). But no problems when you are actually playing the game.

Realistic teeth... in the past few weeks the only teeth I can remember is from smiling khajitt... so have been laying off this one since it is not something that I have noticed with the vanilla idles etc. But will give it a try. along with webs and a few of the others.

Good feedback ... could you comment on each of the respective mod threads so that we have these insights on those threads?

Thanks!

PS: I will be perusing the MS forum today or tomorrow and stickying additional candidates. We still have a few left over from the previous iteration that did not seem to get vetted conclusively. Remember, there will be nothing new to release unless we foster more community involvement in providing quality feedback, testing results, screenshot compares and/or creating the respective wiki mod pages as per the new STEP Workflow Guide mentioned in the OP and on the main forum Announcement.

Updated OP' date=' please follow the link ;)[hr']
While I think of it' date=' I noticed that one of the BCFs for the Better Book Names appears to no longer have a working link.[/quote']

It's on this page, the one with all of the STEP mods for 2.2.4. The notes link to two BCFs, one that has no file linked to it which is just listed as BCF Available, and then one next to it listed as BCF Available (Updated for v2.2), and that one does have a file linked.

rootsrat, you just reminded me to update that disease descriptions Been dwarfed in popularity when compared to my other mods (especially Even Better Quest Objectives). Still, made for immersion, probably good enough for STEP, even though it's yet another ESP (or two).

It's on this page' date=' the one with all of the STEP mods for 2.2.4. The notes link to two BCFs, one that has no file linked to it which is just listed as BCF Available, and then one next to it listed as BCF Available (Updated for v2.2), and that one does have a file linked.[/quote']

I will defer to s4n on this. Maybe Farlo can fix as well. I am not familiar enough with the parser functions used in Template:BCFLink (this is the source of the problem I think).

It's on this page' date=' the one with all of the STEP mods for 2.2.4. The notes link to two BCFs, one that has no file linked to it which is just listed as BCF Available, and then one next to it listed as BCF Available (Updated for v2.2), and that one does have a file linked.[/quote']

I will defer to s4n on this. Maybe Farlo can fix as well. I am not familiar enough with the parser functions used in Template:BCFLink (this is the source of the problem I think).

Fixed it, not exactly sure how though.  I did Page Tools->Refresh on the guide, mod page, and both BCF file pages.