Can someone recommend a good extra Hotkeys mod?

Kind of surprised not to see a hotkey mod included in the STEP install list, since the default of 8 is woefully small.

Just curious if folks have a particular hotkey mod they enjoy. Something simple and effective. I don't need tons of them, just maybe triple for 24 or so.

Thanks.

If you use the More HotKeys Please mod, make sure that the STEP Interface mod "Interface Hard Coded Key Tweaks" is installed with the "Numpad Bindable" selection vs. the usual STEP recommended "Standard Tweaks". This removes the binding between the keypad number keys and the vanilla hot keys, allowing More HotKeys to use the numpad keys for its hotkeys. The standard number keys on the keyboard can still be used for the vanilla hotkeys.

I am a southpaw and use the mouse in my left hand, and have the righthand numpad keys assigned to movement. Therefore with the More Keys Please mod I intend to use keys 1 through = and plan to use three sets of them: basic for weapons and armor, held for spells, and doubletap for potions. So I don't want to assign any righthand numpad keys as hotkeys.

I have a few questions. (I posted them to the Nexus form, but that forum can be a bit on the slow side sometimes, depending on the mod and its author).

1) How do I clear my vanilla hotkey favorite selections? I am unable to figure out how do so from within the game, and if I understand correctly, the vanilla selections can interfere with this mod.

2) I don't see Flames listed in the Destruction tab nor Unrelenting Force in the Shouts tab. Is this a bug? I tried toggling Filters off and on. Don't know why neither appears.

3) I cannot seem to get this to mod work from my Favorites menu. I press Insert and see the "More Hotkeys Menu initializing" (or words to that effect) but when I select an item I don't get a prompt as to what kind of key I want to use. No prompts at all.

I downloaded this mod three days ago from Nexus so I am running the most current version. I haven't used any versions prior to this.

And of course I am running the latest version of SKSE.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am a southpaw and use the mouse in my left hand, and have the righthand numpad keys assigned to movement. Therefore with the More Keys Please mod I intend to use keys 1 through = and plan to use three sets of them: basic for weapons and armor, held for spells, and doubletap for potions. So I don't want to assign any righthand numpad keys as hotkeys.

I have a few questions. (I posted them to the Nexus form, but that forum can be a bit on the slow side sometimes, depending on the mod and its author).

1) How do I clear my vanilla hotkey favorite selections? I am unable to figure out how do so from within the game, and if I understand correctly, the vanilla selections can interfere with this mod.

2) I don't see Flames listed in the Destruction tab nor Unrelenting Force in the Shouts tab. Is this a bug? I tried toggling Filters off and on. Don't know why neither appears.

3) I cannot seem to get this to mod work from my Favorites menu. I press Insert and see the "More Hotkeys Menu initializing" (or words to that effect) but when I select an item I don't get a prompt as to what kind of key I want to use. No prompts at all.

I downloaded this mod three days ago from Nexus so I am running the most current version. I haven't used any versions prior to this.

And of course I am running the latest version of SKSE.

Thanks

I plan to add this mod (and the text below) to the Mod Suggestions, but I wanted to create some examples first since there are no good examples that use the new SkyUI interface. While it is a very powerful and capable mod, it is hard to describe its use without examples . There is a good video that is very controller UI oriented but nonetheless useful, but ...

This is what I do; clearly you want to use some different key choices and you can, but you'll have to determine how to do it. I used "Interface Hard Coded Key Tweaks" with the "Numpad Bindable" selection vs. the usual STEP recommended "Standard Tweaks" so I could have the numpad keys for this mod; you may want a different customized setup for this. If I hadn't done this then CFM would have grabbed both sets of number keys. In addition, as mentioned in the description page of the mod, you need to edit two lines in the file in the controlmap.txt file that comes with the Numpad Bindable version of the mod (or any other custom controlmap.txt file that you use):

Replace the current version of these lines with:

Left Attack/Block 0x70 0x1 0x0009 0 1 1 0x10

Right Attack/Block 0x79 0x0 0x000a 0 1 1 0x10

In any case, I strongly advise that you do NOT try to use as hotkeys for this mod any standard keys that Skyrim itself uses or another active mod uses. The mod allows this, but it does not work reliably as discussed on the Nexus form for this mod.

Now to answer specific questions:

1. IMO you don't need change the vanilla hotkeys and you can leave the Categorized Favorites Menu mod installed as before. Use different hotkeys for this mod. I use the numpad keys and other keys for this mod vs. the normal keyboard number keys which are used for CFM; you can choose whatever keys you want as hotkeys but I suggest NOT using 1 through = and leaving these for CFM and other mods. There are a lot of punctuation keys and some ancillary keys that are not being used by Skyrim or Skyrim mods. You can eliminate CFM and try using all the keys for this mod, but I don't recommend this as CFM has very useful capabilities that this mod doesn't.

3. It's a lot easier to use the new MCM menu (added by SkyUI) for More Hotkeys Please to setup the keys in the mod. You can use the old approach as described in the video but it is a lot harder (as you have noticed) than setup using the new MCM menu. You can choose any keys you want, just make sure they are not ones you are using for other purposes.

2. I'm assuming you mean the Destruction choice in spells in the MCM menu. As mentioned in the description, some spells and all the shouts are not automatically included when you click the menu choice to add spells. To add these additional spells, shouts, etc. go to the normal Magic menu and select the spell or shout. This will add it to the spell list. Another spell that I noticed isn't automatically added is the Heal spell in Restoration. You also need to do this for each shout. Once you have done this and saved the game the additional spells and shouts will be remembered.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Kelmych

One other question...

Is it possible to edit existing hotkey choices from within MCM? From what I've seen, if I want to assign a new item to a hotkey, I have to delete the hotkey and start again. Because I have multiple items assigned to the hotkey, I'd prefer to be able to edit it and not have to redo it.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info.

Two other questions-

1) How can I assign 2 staffs to a hotkey? I was hoping for a "left" "right" and/or "dual" option but haven't seen any, and when I select 2 staffs and assign to a hotkey, I can only cycle between the two in a single hand

2) Is it possible to assign scrolls to a hotkey from within the MCM menu? I don't see scrolls listed anywhere in the inventory.

Thanks.

You can have one staff. Typically they are considered two handed weapons so if you have a staff you can't equip anything else in your hands. You can have different hotkeys so you can switch between staves.

• 4 weeks later...

I am able to hold two staves...one staff in each hand, by choosing LH or RH via. Mouse left or right button I the Favorties menu. So If dual staff wielding is enabled in the game, I would have thought that the hotkey mod would enable dual staff wielding as well.

If you have vanilla Skyrim you can't dual wield staves, and I tested the hotkeys mod without a dual weapon enabling mod. If you have a mod that enables dual staves the hotkey mod might work fine, as you said.