Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh' date=' one more thing I forgot to mention: Dynamic Fires is a redundant mod with SkyRe. Why? SkyRe includes Sneak Tools, which itself allows you to extinquish and light fires (therefore, replicating the features of Dynamic Fires). May want to note that down.

Dynamic Fires is already not in Revisited, but good note for STEP users.

Just another thought. why not use "Skyrim Immersive Creatures" which also has a lore friendly version "Skyrim Immersive Creatures - Purist Lore-Friendly" which are both on the Nexus. To be honest I do not have a great deal of experience with Sky MoMod but when I was using it some of the creatures I came across were just silly. SIC has some really scary ones, and seems better executed, IMLO.

:)

These two are on my list of mods to check out (eventually). One of these days I might actually play the game... lol. Reason I been so hesitant to do combat mods and such is because I never finished vanilla. lol

Immersive creatures looked interesting. Of course it's hard to tell how well the leveled lists and overall balance and abundance of the new creatures is until you play quite a bit.

A lot of this seems to consist of adding a bit more variety to skeletons, draugr, etc. which is a good idea.

I just realised that Beast Skeletons is included in the SIC mod, on the positive side maybe fixed, on the negative side maybe TESsnip was used for all of it, that said no warnings about it in BOSS. It has no problems with main ESMs and unofficial patches, minor clashes with Dawnguard but these are intended it looks like. Amusingly the DLC esp for this mod clashes with the esm for the same mod but this is likely to be very deliberate as well. Otherwise seems pretty clean.

You never finished vanilla - that's like admitting being a virgin when you're in your late teens or early 20s! LOL.

I just realised that Beast Skeletons is included in the SIC mod, on the positive side maybe fixed, on the negative side maybe TESsnip was used for all of it, that said no warnings about it in BOSS. It has no problems with main ESMs and unofficial patches, minor clashes with Dawnguard but these are intended it looks like. Amusingly the DLC esp for this mod clashes with the esm for the same mod but this is likely to be very deliberate as well. Otherwise seems pretty clean.

You never finished vanilla - that's like admitting being a virgin! LOL.

Except a whole lot more common among modders! It seems to me most modders (at least the good ones) are mature adults.

I know, myself included. Childish jokes aside probably most of the members of this forum are mature adults. Full time jobs, families, social life, it is a wonder how you or anyone gets time to create in this way. I think it probably takes a certain amount of maturity to want to get a mod / guide right and a good dose of RL to keep one's perspectives in the right place so that what is created is both useful and enhances the game, rather than turn it into a theme park.

Modding in some ways is a parallel to trying to make a perfect world. One that makes sense however fantastical - a possible reason why so many mature adults spend at least as much, if not more time modding than playing - but enough philosophy, it's 3.20 am right now and I should not still be up. Nothing like a holiday to mess up your body clock.

Happy modding.

bpr5016, I'm glad that guide will be useful, it will be updated again very soon.

Great, I'm looking forward to it! Keep up the great work. Should find a way to attach this guide to Skyrim Revisited, in an "Appendix" or "Extra Content" type section for easy viewing.

Updated.

-removed unnecessary edits of blocklists (replaced by "SkyRe ReProccer Compatibility Patches")

+added Skyrim Immersive Creatures

+added No Skill Limit

+added SUM installation notes

+-things that I don't remember o_O

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.