Installing ASIS and SkyRe with some additional stuff

Some things that people around here pointed out that helped me quite a bit regarding this:

• DDSOpt your textures (including the Beth/HRDLC ones and the big ones in "Foundation" except WATER), reduce them to 2048, then 1/2 size your normals. If you don't do at least some of this and you run a lot of texture mods you will have CTDs.
  • Do not implement the z-Fighting corrections to your Skyrim and skyrimperfs .ini if you have infinite loading screens.
  • Drop the Skyrim prefers for shadows back down a bit to
  • iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
  • iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048

This is covered in the Skyrim Revisited walk-through, correct?

not yet. Neovalen made guide, but I don't think that he stress-tested already Skyrim Revisited with ini edits listed in guide. I think they will be fine for him, since he has GTX670 in SLI. But for most users, quoted tweaks (in Skyrim Revisited guide) can be the reason of instability.

Good. When did 1.3 come out?

Surprized a little by this question o_O

uploaded 22 February 2013

completely redone from ZERO (v1.30 Does not contains any new Spawnpoints, i had to rush the mod as it is in order to improve Stability, next version will include all prior features)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm well would you recommend following the .ini changes discussed in the STEP guide for a SkyRe + Skyrim Revisited install? Or none at all? Just curious :D

I played a full STEP v2.2.4 and SkyRe modded game for several days before restarting with Skyrim Revisited, had no major issues that I could tell.

@statmonster

I. Reading your response I'm not sure you understood me 100% about MoMod (Skyrim Monster Mod by dogtown1). MoMod was banned from Nexus - as far as I know SkyTEST never was. And in post #4 (by Iroha, author of the guide himself) of this topic there is a line:

SkyTEST was banned on nexus, yes. Nexus loves to ban. True reasons are hard to find.

In addition, I provided reason, creator of MoMod was banned. For me they seem reasonable. Moding pages are full of people, sometimes even some quite accomplished modders, playing victim, how Nexus in banning without reason. Fans of the mod raging as defenders. But like Phill Collins sings: "We'll always need to hear both side of the story".

Meanwhile - author of the SkyTEST is claiming, that there was no raports of instability on v1.30, and problems some experienced in 1.28 seem to be fixed.

II. Yes. I DDSOpted my Vanilla textures, and running most if not all textures from mods through DDSopt as well. Especially, when I see texture which is like 22MB heavy (=uncompressed). Done some reduction of normals too, where it seemed appropriate and/or was suggested. Read the whole guide, and even most of the forum's thread 70+ pages (except the places, where ppl were asking over and over again about same thing).

Also used BSAOpt on most of my BSAs.

My shadow are as low as 1024 (and using ENB for better and more performance friendly shadow options). Slightly reduced particle count. Tweaked a bit Papyrus settings. No Z-fighting options or dangerous uGrid tweaking. My FPS is usually over 40, sometimes over 50 with SSAO and other ENB goodies, but even disabling ENB doesn't seem to prevent these freezes, and I'm like out of ideas.

I did my diligence, read guide after guide, forum thread, googled, tried troubleshooting my load order best I can. Already improved performance and stability significantly in some areas. Currently investigating ASIS and WATER and they effects on my performance (areas around water and heavily populated seemed affected most). Just because, these are only ideas I have ATM.

@statmonster

I. Reading your response I'm not sure you understood me 100% about MoMod (Skyrim Monster Mod by dogtown1). MoMod was banned from Nexus - as far as I know SkyTEST never was. And in post #4 (by Iroha, author of the guide himself) of this topic there is a line:

SkyTEST was banned on nexus, yes. Nexus loves to ban. True reasons are hard to find.

In addition, I provided reason, creator of MoMod was banned. For me they seem reasonable. Moding pages are full of people, sometimes even some quite accomplished modders, playing victim, how Nexus in banning without reason. Fans of the mod raging as defenders. But like Phill Collins sings: "We'll always need to hear both side of the story".

Meanwhile - author of the SkyTEST is claiming, that there was no raports of instability on v1.30, and problems some experienced in 1.28 seem to be fixed.

II. Yes. I DDSOpted my Vanilla textures, and running most if not all textures from mods through DDSopt as well. Especially, when I see texture which is like 22MB heavy (=uncompressed). Done some reduction of normals too, where it seemed appropriate and/or was suggested. Read the whole guide, and even most of the forum's thread 70+ pages (except the places, where ppl were asking over and over again about same thing).

Also used BSAOpt on most of my BSAs.

My shadow are as low as 1024 (and using ENB for better and more performance friendly shadow options). Slightly reduced particle count. Tweaked a bit Papyrus settings. No Z-fighting options or dangerous uGrid tweaking. My FPS is usually over 40, sometimes over 50 with SSAO and other ENB goodies, but even disabling ENB doesn't seem to prevent these freezes, and I'm like out of ideas.

I did my diligence, read guide after guide, forum thread, googled, tried troubleshooting my load order best I can. Already improved performance and stability significantly in some areas. Currently investigating ASIS and WATER and they effects on my performance (areas around water and heavily populated seemed affected most). Just because, these are only ideas I have ATM.

Oops, I mentioned MoMod but wrote SkyTEST, sorry. I was wrong, reasons already cited somewhere here. Or I saw them on another forum? Don't remember:(

Hmm well would you recommend following the .ini changes discussed in the STEP guide for a SkyRe + Skyrim Revisited install? Or none at all? Just curious :D

I played a full STEP v2.2.4 and SkyRe modded game for several days before restarting with Skyrim Revisited, had no major issues that I could tell.

No, I will not recommend to add notes about tweaks of ini files. Neo noted his hardware configuration, and everybody have own head on the shoulders:)

UPD.

Brighty, about you fps drops.

Did you applied any tweaks for game profile via NVIDIA Inspector? If you are NVIdia user, of course? Because, if you did - there is option that can apply fps drops in situations where many scripts are running. It is "Maximum pre-rendered frames" option. It forces CPU to do part of GPU's work - render # of frames -> less time for scripts processing, more script lags -> instability, stuttering and fps drop. So, try to reset your settings for TES5 game profile if you altered whose.

Skyrim Revisited

bpr5016 Wrote'bpr5016''32857''1365703222'

No, I will not recommend to add notes about tweaks of ini files. Neo noted his hardware configuration, and everybody have own head on the shoulders:)

My own view is that the .ini tweaks in Skyrim Revisited (SR) are a good place to start; but these seem to require more 'personalization' than most of the SR guide.  If you are new to this it really helps to have someone say "try this - it's a good place to start".  I really like the style of Neo's notes about the Shadow Quality Tweak - where he briefly gives the rationale for what he is doing but also discusses how to alter them to improve performance if necessary.

I don't think it's a fair assumption that everyone using this guide will have a good idea exactly what these settings do and how they tradeoff performance for quality. Discussing these issues can really help newer people optimize their setup and learn about what they are doing - it's a huge service.

I already state on any possible problem tweaks what to do if you experience issues.

As for SkyRe, got a question. I'm watching Gophers Let's Play and it seems to me the new weapon DMG values make it so much easier to kill things especially for an archer type character. What has your experiences been? I know using Duel Combat Realism that life as an archer is MUCH harder than without.

I already state on any possible problem tweaks what to do if you experience issues.

As for SkyRe, got a question. I'm watching Gophers Let's Play and it seems to me the new weapon DMG values make it so much easier to kill things especially for an archer type character. What has your experiences been? I know using Duel Combat Realism that life as an archer is MUCH harder than without.

Nice!

Enemy archers as deadly as you:) It's cool then you forced to sprinting to archers defending yourself with shield, or equip heavy armor. Realistic I think. Also you can stagger an enemy with bow, and enemy can stagger you. Nice. Archer is good, stealth is cool, two handed weapons is death.(always playing on master) hehe. When I will play for real - character will be a mage. Will tell you about magic expirience in skyre, if you wish.

Brighty, pm me your game profile configuration, hardware configuration and ini settings(in spoilers please) I will see if I can give you some advises.

ps

should go to sleep, so many errors in posts.. blah...

Well my implication was that the game actually seems easier with SkyRe if you play archer... the improved anti-archer AI in Duel seems much better. Gopher is just trouncing most enemies before they even have a real chance to fight back unless they are boss level.

With Duel, I've seen enemies hide and wait for the player to come to them and set up ambushes... also they work in groups. Ain't seen anything like that in SkyRe from watching the videos.

I saw it too, on video he could be on low difficulty(skyre was mentioned for adept as T3nd0 tells), could be in low-level location, or with too powerful equipment, and he doesn't use ASIS CombatAi instead of SkyRe, I don't know. Yeah, it looks much easier than my experience.

Also, played before with duel + skyrim unleashed + mighty magick, without skyre and asis, av, dual sheath.

It was harder in some ways - and easier in another. Personally SkyRe with other patchers suits me more. More realistic even.

Personally SkyRe with other patchers suits me more. More realistic even.

I'd be really interested in knowing why you think this.  I am thinking about trying SkeRe (maybe with some bits of ASIS thrown in) and would like to know how the game will be different or improved.  I've also been a bit intrigued with Skyrim Unleashed.  I generally play with Duel Combat Realism and ACE using sneaky lightly armored fighter/archer types (but not much thieving or assassinating as I usually prefer to play a generally morally honest character and not much magic beyond the alchemy and the odd enchanting or restoration - maybe a Ranger type character?) but have wondered if some other configuration of overhauls would give a better experience.  Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

I was a bit surprised how powerful bows are too. And I rely heavily on them. Some enemies, like many undead in Bleak Falls Barrows were one-shooted. But mostly enemies needed two three arrows. I use Locational Damage mod too (recommended by SkyRe), but even head-shots are not always fatal (and Skyrim definitely wasn't designed, to help you with precision shooting, and SkyRe makes aiming a bit harder too).

And when I'm against more than one enemy, or I'm the one surprised, not the other way around, things can get "interesting" fast. Guys with heavier hardware (2H especially) if allowed near me (it doesn't take long, they pretty aggressive) usually have me in strike or two too. And drawing bow goes heavy on stamina too (if you hold it too long preparing, you won't have any left for fighting). And drawing take time too. So: game is less forgiving, and less tedious too. And keep you at your toes. So I don't thing archery becomes some kind of exploit, if it's what your worrying about.

At last in my limited experience of low-level character.

Duel just has a better AI then both ASIS and SkyRE... it also is based on a few scripts as I understand it... while the others are just altering how often the AI attacks and blocks etc.

In general Duel is trying to make life harder for sneaky types, since the AI is actually quite decent in locating sneaky types... Also the combat is fairly well balanced for fighter types! I personally supplement with ACE combat module to make combat a bit more interesting for both sneaky types, and front line fighters. (Tripping enemies when striking from behind is just fun!)

To top off the difficulty I use immersive potions... so you can only use one potion effect at a time!

Also in DUEL archers are not nearly as deadly as in SkyRE... at least it is easier to control the damage output via the ingame difficulty settings.

The only thing I "miss" from SkyRE are some of the perk overhauls... I personally find the vanilla combat and magic ones decent... I do not need 10 various weapon types etc etc, since at the end of the day all melee combat is exactly the same. And I am satisfied with Empowered Magics changes to the vanilla perks to balance magic off. I do however like his thief and crafting perk systems, since the vanilla are either OP or just a bit boring.

(snip)And I am satisfied with Empowered Magics changes to the vanilla perks to balance magic off. I do however like his thief and crafting perk systems, since the vanilla are either OP or just a bit boring.

I'm unclear which crafting and thief perk system you are referring to here - the creator of Empower Magic or of SkyRe?  What mod(s0 contain these changes?

If you are not playing a mage, is there really any point to using Empower Magic?  i.e. Will it make NPCs (mainly enemy) using magic more interesting?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Privacy Policy, and Terms of Use.