Skyrim -Community- Uncapper (by Elys)

skwareballz

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, reedit..

I am having some issued getting this to work... I have tried installing it both using MO and doing it manually. The problem is, When Uncap is installed/enabled I am unable to level up or gain progress. When it is uninstalled everything is fine, I level up vanilla style. is there an edit to the ini file I should make?

[edit]

Tried my own custom edits to the ini. No success, even turned off my antivirus to see if it was deleting the .dll.

OK, I edited 1 field in the ini file and it let me level up

;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the Uncapper Skill Level Caps;

;Default value = 0

bUseSkillCaps=0

I am unsure if this is actually disabling the mod or what its doing, but by default it was actually set to 1 instead of 0, idk why. Is there a problem with this being set to 0?

Zero turns that section off. I made a guide for this a while back, but it doesn't address troubleshooting.

My suggestion would be to look in the data tab in MO and see where the ini is coming from and see if it is overwriting your custom one. Also, you might have not installed correctly the .dll and .ini need to be in the Skyrim/Data/Skse/plugins folder. To test if it is working set one of the skills like One-Handed under section [skillExpGainMults] to 500 and go hit some stuff, it should level up almost immediately. That will let you know if is working.

Hmmm. Thing is, I weren't back and reinstalled it through MO. I went to the skse plugins folder on the data tab, the dll and ini were there. I edited three ini by opening it there, I can verify it IS in the correct place. but I can only level up if the line is edited to 0. From testing, I know it is using that ini.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I recently started using the uncapper and I have a strange occurance.

I set the .ini file as follows to increase perks per level.

;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the plugin

;Default value = 0

bEnabled=1

;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of perks gained, set by the Uncapper, at each level up

;Default value = 0

bUsePerksAtLevelUp=1

[PerksAtLevelUp]

;Set the number of perks gained at each level up. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.

;Default game value is one perk per level (you can also use float as value, for example 1.25 per points per level)

; Level (2..10000) = Perks (0..255)

;

;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 1 perk per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 2 perks per level at and from level 10 to 29,

; then 4 perks per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no perk at all per level for level 95 and above

;

;2=1

;10=2

;30=4

;95=0

2=1

3=0

5=1

6=0

10=2

11=0

15=1

16=0

20=2

21=0

25=1

26=0

30=2

31=0

35=1

36=0

40=2

41=0

45=1

46=0

50=2

51=0

55=1

56=0

60=2

61=0

65=1

66=0

70=2

71=0

75=1

76=0

80=2

81=0

85=1

86=0

90=2

91=0

95=1

96=0

100=9

101=1

The uncapper works but the problem is no matter what value I set for what level in the [PerksAtLevelUp] section it adds one extra value in the game.

Example I set

[PerksAtLevelUp]

2=0

I get 1 perk a level up.

I set

[PerksAtLevelUp]

2=1

I get 2 perks

I set

[PerksAtLevelUp]

2=2

I get 3 perks.... and so on.

I have tried with the .ini file in both mod organisers directory and in skyrim directory in SKSE/Data/Plugins and the result is the same. I also tried disabling all my perk altering mods and I get the same result. Does anyone have any idea what is happeing?

Never heard of that bug before. Do you have any other mods that could affect leveling like SkyTweak? Elys would be the best person to take this too, but I think Elys is on a modding break, so check out the nexus thread for the mod.

EDIT: If you are using MO then make sure you are editing the ini in MO and not on its own.

The author is the only one that could answer that. Like I said earlier, never heard of that bug. Honestly I've not had any bugs that mess us the vales that I imputed into the ini.

You could upload the ini file and I could take a look at it to see if there is something that might affect it.

No other mods that affect leveling are active when I get this bug. I also edited the .ini in Mod organiser, not on its own. It works, it just addds an extra value, which makes me wonder if it is doing the same for the other calculations.

Did you check MO Overwrite folder? If you have this in your default Skyrim Data folder, then it would be copied over to the overwrite folder AFAIK.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I'm having some trouble doing the math to set Uncapper to give an extra perk in addition to the typical perk at each five level ups (i.e. at five, ten, fifteen, etc.) because of the fact that it starts at two.  2=1.25 will get it to five, but after that, it goes to nine.  So does 6=1.20 seem right after that?  Or is it 5=1.20?  Thanks.

1.25 is a perk every 4 levels, but you don't count level 1 since you start at level one. You start at level 2 so you could go with 2=1.25 to get it started at 5, and then go with 6=1.20 like you said to make 5,10,15...

2=1.25 is more like 5,9,13... and 2=1.20 is 6,11,16.

It is just confusing because it starts at level 2.