STEP v2.2.5 Official Bug Reports

z929669

I gave this a quick test:

SkyrimPrefs.ini, Primary=2048 \ Secondary=1024 vs. Primary=512 \ Secondary=256

(Primary and Secondary settings removed from Skyrim.ini)

-- the difference was easy to spot.

Skyrim.ini, Primary=4096 \ Secondary=2048 vs. Primary=512 \ Secondary=256

(Primary and Secondary settings removed from SkyrimPrefs.ini)

-- no difference was noticeable and given the large increase in resolution it should have been easy.

Skyrim.ini Results, 512 on the left, 4096 on the right:

Posted ImagePosted Image

This is a good compare though I would liked to have seen the SkyrimPrefs.INI screenshots too. One more person care to confirm using the same method?
Agree, we need to see all of the data and a clear indication of what you think is better Wormheart (thanks for doing this, just a little bit more for the finish ;) )

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already had them so here they are ;)

SkyrimPrefs.ini Results, 512 on the left, 2048 on the right:

Posted ImagePosted Image

I didn't use 4096 for the SkyrimPrefs test, I felt the difference was pretty clear even at 2048.

Altering the values in Skyrim.ini did not seem to make a difference (as shown in my previous post), so the recommendation of making changes to SkyrimPrefs.ini seems to be correct as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

In my continuous quest against bloat and instability, I recently checked the messages for Roosters at Dawn and people seen to be identifying instability coming from that mod, plus the author dosent reply for some time. I didnt find anywhere you are supposed to propose a mod be removed from STEP, but this one seens a candidate for me.

The latest version of Animated Weapon Enchants seems to prevent enchantment-based soul traps (i.e. on items' date=' not cast) from working when used with Acquisitive Soul Gems.[/quote']

Are you using the patch described on the Skyrim Revisited page to make these two mods compatible?

The latest version of Animated Weapon Enchants seems to prevent enchantment-based soul traps (i.e. on items' date=' not cast) from working when used with Acquisitive Soul Gems.[/quote']

Are you using the patch described on the Skyrim Revisited page to make these two mods compatible?

As a note, I blew away my Skyrim this past week and went with Neo's Skyrim Revisited setup.  With the patch, the two appear to be compatible again.  Perhaps this needs to be added to STEP?

The latest version of Animated Weapon Enchants seems to prevent enchantment-based soul traps (i.e. on items, not cast) from working when used with Acquisitive Soul Gems.

As a note, I blew away my Skyrim this past week and went with Neo's Skyrim Revisited setup.  With the patch, the two appear to be compatible again.  Perhaps this needs to be added to STEP?
I updated the Guide with link to Neo's notes.

We need to start doing this regularly as a first step to integrating Skyrim Revisited into STEP. Users, please point out any other manual patches that may apply to existing conflicts in STEP.

We need to start doing this regularly as a first step to integrating Skyrim Revisited into STEP. Users, please point out any other manual patches that may apply to existing conflicts in STEP.

Should we create a list of the affected mods for inclusion in the guide or add to the notes section of each of the affected mods on the Wiki?

Should we create a list of the affected mods for inclusion in the guide or add to the notes section of each of the affected mods on the Wiki?
Adding to the notes in the same manner as I have done in the above link is best I think.