Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS (by fore)

WilliamImm

I don't use Mod Organizer, so I can't help there.

I think the other point means if you don't use Dual Sheath Redux, you won't need to use Maximum Skeleton either (unless you use other non-STEP mods that need it). So you can disregard this mod if you don't use Dual Sheath Redux, as you won't need any of the requirements of that.

You need to add FNIS as a executable in Mod Organizer. To do that, go to the Data tab, open up tools/GenerateFnisForUsers, and right click GenerateFnisForUsers.exe and select "Add as executable". Rename the generated name to FNIS, run it from the executables dropdown, and it should work.

• 4 weeks later...

I don´t get it.

I am new to modding, still switched to Mod Organizer... big mistake to incompatibility with some stricktly NMM files :(

- Did it because of the implemented extraction Option.

So here is my problem I am trying to solve for hours now:

1. "no game data on top level" Problem with this and other mods occured - googled - solved (still should be mentioned in the info when using Mod Organizer - after an hour i came up with the idea to search for this in English and not German :(

You need to add FNIS as a executable in Mod Organizer. To do that' date=' go to the Data tab, open up tools/GenerateFnisForUsers, and right click GenerateFnisForUsers.exe and select "Add as executable". Rename the generated name to FNIS, run it from the executables dropdown, and it should work.[/quote']

did this ... nothing happened (for wrye users there is an info they have to do it manually)

3. still looking for a solution

4. thank you in advance :)

You need to add FNIS as a executable in Mod Organizer. To do that' date=' go to the Data tab' date=' open up tools/GenerateFnisForUsers, and right click GenerateFnisForUsers.exe and select "Add as executable". Rename the generated name to FNIS, run it from the executables dropdown, and it should work.[/quote'']

did this ... nothing happened (for wrye users there is an info they have to do it manually)

What do you mean "nothing happend"? Something must have happened?

Try copying the FNIS folder from your installed mods folder directly to MO's Overwrites folder and adding the executable from there rather than from the original folder.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to use FNIS as described in step, I could add it as an exe to the mod organizer without problem and it runs when I launch it.

The problem is that afterwards when I try to execute it (Click the [update FNIS Behavior] button) I get this error message :

ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\templates\FNISRoot_Behavior_Template.txt'.

So I'm stuck there because of course I could install it manually in the skyrim directory but the other mods aren't there...

Could someone help me solve this problem please?

Edit 31/07/2013 15:18

I decided to try this and hope it won't break my game :

I did copy the folders of the FNIS Mod and all the mods it was correcting (dual Sheath redux, new animations for running with bow) in the skyrim data folder.

I ran Fnis from there and then copied back the folders to mod organizer\mods.

I also found a new mesh folder created by FNIS in the skyrim\data folder, that one I copied into the overwrite folder in mod organizer.

I then installed the mods in mod organizer (checked the mods in the left panel and checked the .esps in the right panel).

I hope this is a correct workaround as I really couldn't find any other way.

I still hope someone could point me to the reason why it didn't work properly from Mod Organizer in the first place.

Yeah, doesn't work for me in MO either. I tried MANY methods I found on different forums already.

Think I'll try manually install any FNIS required mods through regular ways and then install them again in MO like you did. =(

As for why it doesn't work ... I notice something, I also installed my Skyrim in a separate drive - Drive D.

I wonder if Skyrim needs to be installed in default drive for FNIS to function correctly in MO?

FNIS just can't detect my other mods in MO even when I opened it through MO ..... =(

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...