Fore's New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS (by fore)

WilliamImm

I also just noticed all the *.tri files in the Overwrite folder. At first I had a brief a "wtf?!" moment, then I googled, and now I'm simply drag/dropping them into my "FNIS Output" mod per "3.A.3 Fore's New Idle System (STEP Extended Only)" in STEP 2.2.8. I'm hoping this doesn't require a new bashed patch since I'm not looking forward to rebuilding that every time I go through char creation.

I also just noticed all the *.tri files in the Overwrite folder. At first I had a brief a "wtf?!" moment' date=' then I googled, and now I'm simply drag/dropping them into my "FNIS Output" mod per "3.A.3 Fore's New Idle System (STEP Extended Only)" in STEP 2.2.8. I'm hoping this doesn't require a new bashed patch since I'm not looking forward to rebuilding that every time I go through char creation.

How many times do you create a new character? And building a bashed patch takes like 2 minutes..

I make a new character every time I install a set of new mods and go through the opening carriage drive to benchmark the stability/performance of my install.

I guess you're implying that a new bashed patch *is* necessary...

No only if you install new mods that have plugins. Otherwise you don't have to run it.

Forum link from wiki takes you to Beauty of Skyrim - something thread instead :P I think it would be good to check the links after the move to new forum.

That's not primarily why I am posting, though.

Wiki says to tick the skeleton arm fix option during configuration of the mod.

My question is, shall I tick the rest of the options if I use those mods?

I still don't quite understand the purpose of FNIS, because I couldn't care less about new idle animations triggered by some weird spells (that's what I understand from looking at Nexus...).

Shouldn't problems with Maximum Skeleton be fixed by its author?

Edited by Octopuss

FNIS is the all-in-one fix for all animation/skeleton mods. Its not just about idles but pretty much every animation in the world of Skyrim. Maximum skeleton does include a fix for non-FNIS users, however it is generally accepted that FNIS is much more compatible as it will also take into account any other installed mods.

>>Warning: Bad installation. Generator not run from a Skyrim installation directory.<<FNIS Behavior V5.0 2.3.2014 21:34:55Skyrim: ??.?? - C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonSkyrim (Steam)Generator: F:gamesSkyriminstalled modsFores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIStools

Is this a problem?

Hm... I ran the generator, and nothing happened. Wiki says I will have files in overwrite, but there's nothing at all. I have absolutely no idea what went wrong.

Edited by Octopuss

• 3 months later...

So I need some clarification. Am I supposed to run FNIS and then create a Bashed Patch? I've been doing it the other way around.

In regards to placement of the FNIS files themselves (I use all 3), in Mod Organizer under the left installed mods panel, I place them at the very bottom just above any Custom Output. Does that sound right?

Also agentsmith stated above that he drags and drops the .tri files found in the Overwrite folder into the FNIS Output Folder and no one corrected him, so is that what I am supposed to do? I usuially just delete them or leave them where they are.