Wrye Bash Problem

Dante2904

Question

Has anyone seen an issue where WB doesn't allow you to drag & drop into the installers? I don't seem to have an "Anneal All" function either as shown in the readme.

I found some experiencing the same issue on the nexus forums, but seen no responses to it and one here on STEP forums, but I saw no follow up from the person having the issue.

In need of some help: I've reinstalled Wyre Bash and now I'm trying to drag and drop mods into the installers and it's not working. I've even manually placed them in the installers directory and they don't show up. I've refreshed the installers tab and even closed out of Wyre Bash and re-opened it. Have I missed a step reinstalling it?

It looks like the 'skyrim mods' folder that WB creates is not in the proper directory. Is it just under the'skyrim' folder which will be in the 'common' folder of the Steam install?

What version of WB are you using?

...\common\Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers

It worked fine yesterday, not sure what happened or how to fix it.

I'm using Wrye Smash 303? I cant find a version number, although there is no update via the update checker.

6 answers to this question

I found the issue here in the bug reports, but not sure how to identify corrupt mods.

If a mod file is added to the Data folder that ends up corrupt, Wrye Bash informs the user of this and the mod vanishes from the UI.

The problem is, once that happens, attempting to drag n drop other mods in the list will break and you'll end up moving something you weren't intending to. Restarting Bash has no affect on this.

If the corrupted mod is eventually fixed and Bash is restarted, it will be revealed on the mods tab and will be occupying the space where you were last attempting to drag something else.

Alternatively, removal of the corrupt file also straightens the UI out.

Moving a mod using the up/down arrow keys works properly, whether the corrupted file is in the folder or not.

Still waiting on the full refresh to complete. The only thing I know to do is to check all the orange installers...

Hmm, this doesn't work because it's an "imaginary" feature hah!

Of all the posts I read, I was confused thinking that you could drag and drop archives "inside" of the WB installer window - this has been a miserable fail in every such way I attempted since yesterday (obviously!).

Thinking back to the first installation I did, I was dragging and dropping into the "WB Installers folder", with WB on top of that folder (screen space).

I will continually swear it worked at first because I specifically remember it asking me if i wanted to copy over, but maybe I haven't slept enough lately. This installation and optimization process has pretty much taken every waking minute of over 4 days so far.

If you are in the installers tab and click the order column, then you can use drag and drop to change the order of mods. You can't add new mods from outside the Bash Installers directory using WB, but if you use explorer to add it to the directory while WB is active it will show up in WB when it notices the change.