Neovalen's SR - New Animation For Magic Casting

Directly from description:

SKELETON arm fix: this change (originally introduced by mirap for CHSBHC) fixes arm animation glitches in many animations, caused by the additional bones in custom skeletons. This patch checks for the actually installed skeletons (female and male), and applies skeleton specific modifications to the behavior files.

Note: the generator currently recognizes the CHSBHC, XPMS, and TBBP skeletons, but will also work for all complete skeleton definitions (with both .nif AND .hkx files). However, skeletons with INCOMPLETE definition (no .hkx files) like "The skeleton of female models" or "Custom Skeleton Replacer" CANNOT be properly patched.

It would be awesome if that just said "Do this or Do that".

Is it as simple as turning off/uninstalling the XPMS skeleton arm patch in WB I was previously using, then enabling this as something like an override?

Basically, what the description for the Skeleton arm fix is saying is "If you are using XPMS, CHSBHC, or TBBP, enable this for sure. If you are not using one of those skeletons, you can enable this, but make sure said skeleton has a corresponding .hkx."

It really is as simple as you said - the option is a no-brainier if you are using either of those skeletons.

I was thinking the same when I started using FNIS and all the new animations that have been coming out for custom skeletons. It can seem like the authors are talking to people that already know about these type of files and how to install them without direction.

Since STEP has accepted a new XP32 and FNIS it should probably start a character animation section to address the specific instructions for people that rely on the STEP guide. That would then bridge the gap to using SR making it easier to go from one guide to the next.

I would appreciate something like that, though at this point I have a much better grasp of everything just off watching Bergzore's toob animation tutorials.

Tangent:

The descriptions of a lot of the really complex mods (don't say they aren't because i wont believe you :P ) like the immersive animations or FNIS, or even Dual Sheath Redux seem to have only very few people that actually know how they work or can even mod them and no one has decrypted it all down to a kindergarten level or broken it down into laymen's terms. However, Dual Sheath Redux does have a very nice description and easily understood.

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/32695 as an example :P - the Description is pretty flawless, and it is really easy to understand what this is

but reading this:

https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26800 - Although I know what it is for now, previously I just knew I needed it... like FNIS it doesn't clearly state it's purpose for a "user". I assume this mod in-particular adds or replaces the skeleton.nif and adds many more bones to work with, but that's a guess.

Having a lot of mods installed, it is very important to know what these are responsible for so if there are issues I can pinpoint what is causing it. Like... loading a game and everyone is in t-pose... having had your explanation I now know it was pretty specific to FNIS and it actually mentioned that problem in the FAQ, but just an example as I was rushing and forgot to actually run the user.exe.

Trying out a new mod and an important element of the mesh is stretched to the ground... well, I'd assume that is pretty indicative of missing weighted bones now :)