Gauging interest.

cicer0

Hello All,

I am seriously thinking about putting together a guide similar to Skyrim Revisited however, I would be interested in doing this specifically for both Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas.

I was wondering what the interest in a project like this would be in this community. Anecdotally, I have noticed a lot of requests for it in the wider Bethsoft/Nexus communities.

I would like to have this project as a fork of the current STEP community rather than going it alone elsewhere.

So, I would like to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this topic. Ideally, I would like to have some assistance from the community in doing this.

Thoughts please?

Cicer0

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be a grand undertaking, and will take quite some time. I'm sure you know this. If you do decide to do this, I will support it!

I have been looking for a S.T.E.P. or S.R. equivalent for the Fallout games for a while. I obviously have not found one. Yet, if a guide that even closely resembles S.T.E.P. and S.R.'s quality were to come out, I would be very pleased.

To enjoy a Fallout game completely modded, yet stable would be a dream~

How do you plan to go about things?

Until you can put a team together to do this I'd suggest starting with some of the modders that are already a part of STEP. A lot of them have mods for FNV, not sure about F3 as I haven't loaded up that game in a long time and forget most of the mods I had anyways.

I know that my current FNV setup is pretty much structured the way STEP is as far as sections go. The problem with Fallout games is that modders didn't address the cleaning issues that TES game usually do. I know off the top of my head that Vurt's Wasteland Overhaul has thousands UDRs, and cleaning it with FNVEdit makes the game crash from the main menu.

Getting a list of mods together would actually be the easy part since the mods are coming in quite slow as of late (not counting Millenia that guy is a freak). The hard part would be getting authors to fix up mods that need it or getting permission to fix or patch them. You'd probably need a catchy name too, FTEP? VTEP? Personally, I'd help out since I've been tinkering with FNV while waiting on Project Brazil, and I think it would be fun to build something from the ground up.

Heh, that is certainly needed - I'm looking for a good mod guide for Oblivion that does not have me stuffing my game with 250+ mods before I actually play it. You may want to read this thread, in which the same question was posed.

Basically, mod-wise, you can't go wrong with Milenna's and CaBaL's textures for both FO3 and FNV, and Vurt's for FNV. Would be awesome if someone would apply a STEP-like guide to both Fallout games or Oblivion (or both), so that I have guidance to play it.

Heh' date=' that is certainly needed - I'm looking for a good mod guide for Oblivion that does not have me stuffing my game with 250+ mods before I actually play it. You may want to read this thread, in which the same question was posed.

Basically, mod-wise, you can't go wrong with Milenna's and CaBaL's textures for both FO3 and FNV, and Vurt's for FNV. Would be awesome if someone would apply a STEP-like guide to both Fallout games or Oblivion (or both), so that I have guidance to play it.

Would love to see good guides for Oblivion and Fallout too. Even if it will recommend to install 250+ mods:)

Heck, yeah I think this would be awesome. However, I've always refrained from modding FO3 in the past due to its cludgy nature. Things for TESV seem much easier/cleaner.

That being said, now that I know CaBaL has texture packs for FO3 and FONV hot damn do I want to go do new playthroughs!

I'd definitely be interested in a guide for Oblivion-- I can get around to modding Skyrim' date=' but adding mods to Oblivion leaves me rather confused.[/quote']

That would be cool - I would like to help, but I'm as clueless modding for Oblivion as you are. Maybe I can get people more familiar with the subject matter to contribute? Lanceor (the author of Knights of the Nine - Revelation) is on this site, and might be willing to help. I'd also look at Dubiousness on the Bethsoft/Nexus forums - he's been really helpful for new Oblivion modders. Heck, I may even be able to get Arthmoor to chip in some advice for the new project. We may see..

I'd definitely be interested in a guide for Oblivion-- I can get around to modding Skyrim' date=' but adding mods to Oblivion leaves me rather confused.[/quote']

That would be cool - I would like to help' date=' but I'm as clueless modding for Oblivion as you are. Maybe I can get people more familiar with the subject matter to contribute? Lanceor (the author of Knights of the Nine - Revelation) is on this site, and might be willing to help. I'd also look at Dubiousness on the Bethsoft/Nexus forums - he's been really helpful for new Oblivion modders. Heck, I may even be able to get Arthmoor to chip in some advice for the new project. We may see..

[/quote']

While I've never released any mods got Oblivion, I got a LOT of experience playing around with mods etc for the game, as it's one of my favorite games. Could probably help out some

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I would be willing to help with something like STEP for FONV. I am fairly familiar with a lot of the mods. Having modded the game and having played quite successfully without much issue.

Would not mind helping with other games either. No experience modding FO3 or Oblivion though.

I'd be happy to help out with Oblivion. TBH, I was more involved on the mod-making side of things than the mod-installing side, though I did use a full suite of graphics enhancement mods that worked well for my machine.