Double Cursor Fix (by virusek)

WilliamImm

Overlays? I don't know about dual GPU laptops. RCRN can be used with ENB. It's not a very big deal to me if we keep it, because it doesn't even take up a plugin slot, but I would ask, why? It is redundant. We don't keep entirely overwritten mods around simply for posterity's sake.

It's no different than what we're doing with Skyrim Performance Plus. We're only keeping it around for those that have extreme low-end systems. We'd only keep Double Cursor for those with low-end systems that can't run ENBs. Personally, I say get rid of both but I understand the reason for keeping both as well.

Overlays? I don't know about dual GPU laptops. RCRN can be used with ENB. It's not a very big deal to me if we keep it, because it doesn't even take up a plugin slot, but I would ask, why? It is redundant. We don't keep entirely overwritten mods around simply for posterity's sake.

As far as dual GPU laptops, ENBoost works perfectly if you download the OPTIMUS fix provided by the HiAlgo team.

I'm relatively new to the STEP workflow, so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I believe it would be worthwhile to include that bit of info somewhere in the guide. I know that STEP is not about catering to a wide variety of platform-based needs, but this issue is sparsely documented and is not included in the official ENB/ENBoost documentation or in the ENBoost guide here.

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure the doulbe cursor is a problem for the fake fullscreen users, so if you use the fake fullscreen in enblocal.ini then you get the fix. I don't know if regular fullscreen users get the bug. I'm guessing that if you alt-tab from fullscreen then you should just switch to fake fullscreen anyways.

All I tested was without enboost fix, alt + tab, double cursor problem, then with enboost fix, alt + tab, no double cursor problem. Indeed, I've been playing without double cursor fix mod for a while now using instead the enboost fix and haven't experienced a single issue while alt+tabbing. I run fullscreen, not windowed.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I was going through the STEP install and I've come to the Double Cursor Fix and found that virusek has stated that Double Cursor Fix has been superseded by One Tweak. I did a quick forum search and this thread was the first hit. After reading most of it, are you guys recommending that ENBboost users not use Double Cursor Fix? 

Thanks for all the time you folks have taken to create STEP. It's an amazing project and has made my modding experience a pleasure!

• 1 year later...

Okay, I'm actually installing the complete STEP guide for the first time, yeah I know - a bit late.

I'll be making notes and asking questions along the way as I'm tackling this with the idea of viewing it as absolute n00b!

So, this mod is left in and marked as Core yet it says it is redundant due to the use of ENBoost. My question is this:

Since we are saying this on the ENBoost page: 

YES, ENBoost is required for EVERYONE, including those that do not use ENB! STEP may not run properly without it!

Why are we then giving users the option to NOT use and thus need to have this mod as described in the STEP guide with this comment?:

This mod can be skipped if ENBoost is installed. Users not installing ENBoost, should install this mod.

This sounds confusing and pointless.

I agree that including this mod is unnecessarily confusing.

I think I've read somewhere that this was done for the benefit of those who may not follow the guide, and only pick through for mod ideas. That approach doesn't make sense to me.

There are three places I see this same thing happening with ENBoost. Here, the Elys-AltF4 mod, and in the STEP-recommended Nvidia videocard settings. For the latter, the guide tells you to turn Anisotropic Filtering to x16, but on the next line it says to skip that step if using ENBoost.

agree that we should not be including mods or settings that are redundant with ENBoost, since ENBoost is required. We will need to ensure that all ENBoost settings account for those missing mods/settings though, so let us know what you find, Grant