Double Cursor Fix (by virusek)

WilliamImm

You are right, some are horribly long. However, it's usually the first part that's important. I don't really agree with putting author's name before the name of the mod, but it's called like that, and when you cut it out, the name starts with completely different letters and it's confusing when you are looking for files in a folder, for example.

So for example, stuff like this

Enemy AI OverHaul---Revenge Of the Enemies---No Scripts Version

Better Stealth AI for Followers - No Torch while Sneaking

could be shortened from the other end without problems,

while

"Shrines HD" cut down from "Mystery Modders Shrines HD"

is really really BAD idea.

Point taken. I agree. If someone is willing to compile a list of "problematic" mod names, I can move them.

Please post that list using a new thread under "STEP" forum or release forum.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry if I don't understand the process correctly.

Since ENBoost is recommended for Core, shouldn't this mod's status be switched to "dropped"?

Newer ENBs have set "FixCursorVisibility=true" in any case, so the fix is already active. You could still add a line in the detailed instructions for the "enblocal.ini" that advises users to check that "FixCursorVisibility=true" is indeed present under [FIX].

Edited by thommaal

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested to know if the above stated with regards to "FixCursorVisibility=true" is an option.

Of course it would depend on if the user is running an ENB and that would have to be noted.

In the mean time I would like to have it clarified whether or not the src (source) folder is needed when installing with MO and whether or not it should be un-ticked, because I believe it should. Am I right on that?

EDIT: I also wonder if the beta version should be used.

Edited by Vulgar1

• 3 weeks later...

Why not keep it for people who won't/can't use any form of ENB (even ENBoost)?It might be redundant, but it's not breaking anything, nor is it taking an esp slot.

That is true; however, I'd only say yes to this if our minimum system requirements can't run ENB because you shouldn't even be running STEP if you don't meet those requirements. There is already at least one mod we do this for so having another shouldn't be a big deal.

Except system requirements are not the only reason why people would not use ENB (Quite the opposite actually, you'd want to get ENBoost if your system is weak)

I was thinking of compatibility with programs that add overlays, some of the dual GPU laptops, and other post-processors (like RCRN).

Overlays? I don't know about dual GPU laptops. RCRN can be used with ENB. It's not a very big deal to me if we keep it, because it doesn't even take up a plugin slot, but I would ask, why? It is redundant. We don't keep entirely overwritten mods around simply for posterity's sake.