SKSE (by the SKSE Team)

z929669

Not sure if anyone knows but I just looked over skse 1.7.0 alpha and it appears it includes memory patch. It is also quiet stable from what people are saying. So if you have any test mods that require 1.7.0, switching is as easy as drag and drop.

This has been know for some time now. You'll have to edit the SKSE.ini file to include the memory patch:

[Memory]DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

This information can also be found on the mod page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Could someone tell how to update correctly?

Should I just overwrite the .exe and the two .dll files in skyrim/

Then remove the SKSE_1.7.0 from left Mod_Organizer panel (check if it is deleted from Mod Organiser/mods/SKSE_1.7.0) and then install the new scripts archive into MO, call them SKSE_1.7.1 and activate?

SKSE.ini can be left untouched, right?

Mod Organiser will recognise the new .exe in the executables menu?

So I don't know if it's the update, the STEP updated, both, or I was doing something wrong before but FPS have shot through the goddamn roof. I was getting 70-80 FPS frequently outside, the lowest was 44 something because of cell load and a max of 92.2. And indoors was insane, I had 140-180 constantly with a max of 202.2. Anyone have any clues as to what would give such a huge shift in FPS? Don't get me wrong, I am loving this, but I like to know why on the off chance it could be improved upon.

Edited by Crimson13

Well that's disappointing. Here I was hoping that my computer upped it's game and took Skyrim seriously. Still that would explain why random objects at the inn were making that flipping out sound.

Edit: Huh, I checked enblocal and I have all the right settings so vsync should be enabled. Skyrimprefs.ini has iPresentInterval = 0 so enblocal should be the one controlling it. Does anyone have an idea what could override the settings?

Edited by Crimson13

Just a beginners question inbetween:

With 1.7.0 I created the SKSE folder with the .ini file inside the Skyrim directory. Worked fine I guess because SKSE fired up.

With the 1.7.1 I kept the location for the .ini file. Worked fine I guess because SKSE fired up.

The new STEPguide recommends to place the .ini file into the MO managed folder directory. Did that and I guess it worked because SKSE launched Skyrim.

This seems to easy – is there a console command to verify that SKSE uses the .ini file similiar to getSKSEversion or will SKSE always find the .ini unless itS not placed in trash?

[General]

ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768

ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Can anyone tell me why 768 instead of 512 was used for the configuration? According to SSME (does the same as the SKSE ini setting for memory allocation) 512 is the recommended value, which works for most users.

I agree with the default 512/256 memory settings being plenty. There is a reason it is the default setting, and highly recommended by Sheson [...]

Source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1352936-ssme-skyrim-startup-memory-editor/?p=11575536

Edited by blattgeist