Dragons Shout with Voice (by pauderek)

WilliamImm

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primarily' date=' how do we know that a dragon's Thu'um should manifest itself in the same way that a [i']man[/i]/mer's does? I strongly believe that if the devs/writers intended for dragons' shouts to be "voiced" the same way as the player character, they would have done so. Although both can (and do) share in the same language, it makes sense that the manifestation (or dialect) of a shout differs between them, given that dragons are so distinct from man and mer in all other aspects.

Well actually, if you turn on the game's general subtitles, you'll sometimes see subtitles such as Yol Toor Shul when a dragon breathes fire, as well as some other shouts.

I'm pretty sure Alduin does that in the opening sequence, when he knocks down the wall of the tower you have to jump off.

this is absolutely true, but it doesnt really address the issue since the subtitles are basically just the written form of the language, instead of the audible.

I am on the fence that this should/not be in Core. If there are conflicts, I would tend to agree, but if not, then I think it is safe to assume that dragon voices do exist in Skyrim and that it is an oversight that they were not included in the first place.

Primarily' date=' how do we know that a dragon's Thu'um should manifest itself in the same way that a [i']man[/i]/mer's does? I strongly believe that if the devs/writers intended for dragons' shouts to be "voiced" the same way as the player character, they would have done so. Although both can (and do) share in the same language, it makes sense that the manifestation (or dialect) of a shout differs between them, given that dragons are so distinct from man and mer in all other aspects.

Well actually, if you turn on the game's general subtitles, you'll sometimes see subtitles such as Yol Toor Shul when a dragon breathes fire, as well as some other shouts.

I'm pretty sure Alduin does that in the opening sequence, when he knocks down the wall of the tower you have to jump off.

this is absolutely true, but it doesnt really address the issue since the subtitles are basically just the written form of the language, instead of the audible.
Ah well, that's a good point I guess. I have to admit that I do not use this mod myself, so I'm not sure how the dragons sound with it. But then again, without this mod, when fighting a fire dragon, you can hear him shout a prolonged "Yol" when he's breathing fire :p

I am on the fence that this should/not be in Core. If there are conflicts' date=' I would tend to agree, but if not, then I think it is safe to assume that dragon voices do exist in Skyrim and that it is an oversight that they were not included in the first place.[/quote']

i respect that opinion.. my whole thought is, we should have to provide evidence that human-like dragon voice does exist, not just assume. We also can't depart from the norm, then require proof of the norm otherwise we stick with the departure. It has to be the other way around. In cases of uncertainty and in the absence of support, it is safer and more practical to stay with the vanilla, as opposed to the modification. If we suspect something to be true, but cannot adequately substantiate it, then we have to stay where we're at until the time that we can substantiate it.

anyways.. what kind of conflicts are you referring to?

Ah well' date=' that's a good point I guess. I have to admit that I do not use this mod myself, so I'm not sure how the dragons sound with it. But then again, without this mod, when fighting a fire dragon, you can hear him shout a prolonged "Yol" when he's breathing fire :p[/quote']

yeah i dont use it either, but OCD mandates that I use all of the available STEP mods, otherwise I am not true to the cause :) lol 

so, until then..

I am on the fence that this should/not be in Core. If there are conflicts' date=' I would tend to agree, but if not, then I think it is safe to assume that dragon voices do exist in Skyrim and that it is an oversight that they were not included in the first place.[/quote']

And as for conflicts:

• The main file only overwrites the sound files for the dragon's dragon shouts - nothing else. There's no other mod in STEP that modifies it.
  • The optional ESP only affects a few dialog records relating to the dragon's dragon shouts - again, no other mod in STEP does this.
So, z92, you are safe keeping this in core.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello all,

... apologies in advance if this is the wrong area for this post. I'm having some difficulty understanding the STEP instructions for integrating "Dragons Shout with Voice from location" in Skyrim SE. The recommendations in the STEP documentation indicate:

"The Optional File, Dragons Shout with Voice from location, enables the sounds to play from the dragon's location. Without this option, the sounds will play at the player. Users can install this Optional File, however, it requires porting using the Skyrim SE Creation Kit. Porting mods is not covered in this Guides, however, it is as simple as loading the plugin in the CK, saving, and closing the CK."

Is anyone able to clarify if the procedure above is still required, and if so, provide guidance on the porting process? I've gotten as far as downloading and launching the creation kit, but I'm unable to figure out how to properly proceed from this point.