Mod Organizer (by Tannin42)

z929669

Question

Well you must remember that NMM supports 16 or so different games, optimization went out the window long ago, while MO has just gotten better and better.  Check the Wrye bash thread for your answers, I just covered this.  Also read the MO guide on the wiki in case you missed it.

NMM should still be able to download decently without dildoing itself, but I digress. I actually read both of those guides and the Skyrim install guide (for the mod mangers section) before posting here. I didn't see anything in the wrye bash thread and I went back 2-3 pages. As I said I'm hopeless when it comes to Wrye Bash the guide helped me none.

This post by Arthmoor looks pretty unfavourable of Mod Organiser.

Any idea if his criticism is warranted?

They mention BSA reg issues it sounds like, which is a simple INI edit.

The criticism is harsh and unwarranted without real evidence, and MO is definitely not a "piece of junk". There is a substantial MO following that would argue the contrary.

This post by Arthmoor looks pretty unfavourable of Mod Organiser.

Any idea if his criticism is warranted?

They mention BSA reg issues it sounds like, which is a simple INI edit.

The criticism is harsh and unwarranted without real evidence, and MO is definitely not a "piece of junk". There is a substantial MO following that would argue the contrary.

Myself included. Mod Organizer has been a godsend imo. Love it and haven't experienced many issues at all. The new preview version tannin put out looks amazing too once he works the bugs out. That being said, I always use loose files to help find conflicts as much as possible.

His criticism appears directed at MO 0.12.0 which is still in preview/not ready for prime time as it contains major bugs. MO 0.11.15 works great.

Heads up to those thinking of trying the new MO beta: MO 0.99 beta breaks BUM functionality. I just made a post on MO's Nexus page detailing the issue to Tannin. Long story short: BOSS launched through MO sees all mods. BOSS launched through BUM sorts ONLY the \data folder. BUM launched through MO doesn't see my load order, and it's rules are never read by BOSS.