Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures (by skyrimaguas)

FCqt

I agree with WiliamImm and torminater 100% on texture sizes. Interiors and large objects in exteriors are the only places where 2K+ textures should be used, no matter the VRAM capacity. Blame the 4 Gb cap and DX9, not yur well-intentioned video card.

I'd like to see a compare of this versus AOF against the More Realistic Hair background (1k only).

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I used this mod with SR overwriting the 2 other hair mods currently in the guide. I love it, I used the 2k and I didn't use the optional or anything just the main file. I thought it looked great. I didn't have any problems with it and while I wasn't using an ENB I thought the hair looked very natural and just cleaner. I don't mean shampoo and conditioner clean, but rather it just meshed well with the rest of the scene. 

The NPCs don't have dirty clothes (despite not having clothes washers or detergent) they don't have dirty plates, etc (despite not having dish washers or Dawn) they don't have dirty skin (despite not having bubble baths and body wash). So why should they have ratty hair? It sticks out like a sore thumb instead of blending into the entire picture.

I was using UNPB+Mature Texture (Clean, no moles/scars), etc. The basic Skyrim Revisited character mods. I feel like this mod looked the best when I compared to AOF. Apachii Hair is a joke in my opinion and I never use it for my install because it always looks ridiculous when I do (outside of a couple hair styles). This not only allowed me to use some of the *VANILLA* long hair styles I wouldn't have touched with just AOF, etc. It allowed me to look good and made everyone else look good too. 

I think it's silly to argue about how clean or dirty hair would likely have been when we aren't applying the same standards to clothes and skin and clutter, etc.

I was also using the recommended Skyrim Revisited set up of RLO+CoT, etc, etc. The only thing I didn't do was add an ENB (yet).

• 2 weeks later...

You may have noticed that there's a NMM/Bain installer for this mod as one of the main files. And it works perfectly... in Wrye Bash. Ebil's NMM installer does not appear to work at all, as it references non-existent directory names (ie: missing the dash between the number and the option).

I have sent a fixed version of the NMM installer to the author (as well as many typo corrections in the BAIN installer).

You may have noticed that there's a NMM/Bain installer for this mod as one of the main files. And it works perfectly... in Wrye Bash. Ebil's NMM installer does not appear to work at all, as it references non-existent directory names (ie: missing the dash between the number and the option).

I have sent a fixed version of the NMM installer to the author (as well as many typo corrections in the BAIN installer).

Nice work man. I commend your efforts. I hope the author is appreciative..