Share your favourite music!

rootsrat

I'm super excited! On the 5th of April NEUROSIS will gig in Leeds, hell yeah! One of my favourite post-metal/post-hardcore bands, a true legend, California based, founded in 1985 they still gig today with full power! I have never seen them live so far, so this is a musical event of great significance to me!

If you're into metal and hardcore music and you don't this band, you have some SERIOUS home work to do :) 

Here's a couple of my favourite tunes:

Stones From The Sky, a 10 minute post metal orgasm with very atmospheric video

[video=youtube]

And a live performance of Locust Star, one of the most powerful tunes of my life:

[video=youtube]

If you know the band called Swans (which is a legend of their own), in 2002 or 03 Neurosis released a full album with Jarboe from Swans, this is a true masterpiece as well. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey rootsrat nice thread, I too love music of pretty much all types, a lot of people say that but it is true for me. I am also not very partial to mainstream radio friendly music though there are exceptions most of which started pre '95. The fact that you even know who Swans and Neurosis makes me happy.

Here is some original crust, and I don't mean pizza, from one of the greatest albums ever Amebix's (from UK) Monolith:

Something totally different the Sigur Ros (from Iceland) album (), it's long but the build up is worth the payoff:

TTFN Enjoy!

Edited by Vulgar1

• 1 month later...

One of the greatest poets of our time. If you're into this kind of stuff, I'd highly recommend attending one of Saul's gigs. It's a theater mixed with poetry and rap.

Been to a Sual Williams concert. One of the best gigs I ever been to. Loved how he could silence the whole room with poetry shouted without a microphone.There is a brittish spoken word artist/rapper called scroobius pip who has a radio program called Beatdown which is excellent if you are into alternative rap/spoken word (he is a big fan of Saul Williams). It's on the site/app mixcloud. Here is two tracks by Scroobius Pip and another one which is one of my favorite spoken word pieces by Polar bear:
Edited by dreadflopp

I was not aware that Amaranthe had released a new album. I watched them live and I must say I really liked their style. It made for a real nice change in the genre, what with the 3 different vocalists. Also, I have to say that thankfully, Elize Ryd looks better IRL than she does in those music videos. :P