Share your favourite music!

rootsrat

I think Metallica's best work was Ride the Lightning. Their song writing improved over the the first but still keeps the rawness and aggression that it had. Master of Puppets, to me, was quite bland and boring. The same stands with ...And Justice for All, but even more so. The Black album was just a lot of  :confused:

Oh I see you want Metal...

And if that didn't rip your face off this is a genre of music known as Digital Hardcore and this is a side project from Alec Empire the king of DH, known as Curse of the Golden Vampire. (very rare)

Face-ripping Metal?

And since your profile picture is Cthulhu...

Edited by ninjamilez

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd share this here: https://tabletopaudio.com/#

This site has some nice and creative ambiance music that can be used for various things. The music is under Creative Commons so it's free for use as long as you don't use it for commercial purposes or alter it in any way. I've listened to most of them and think they could be used in far more ways than just "table top D&D" games which is the reason the author created them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Right now I have a couple of Pink Floyd albums on rotation, Animals, Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon.

I tend to go in phases but usually end up coming back to my favourites like these. And yes, I am on old fogey.

Right now I have a couple of Pink Floyd albums on rotation, Animals, Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon.

I tend to go in phases but usually end up coming back to my favourites like these. And yes, I am on old fogey.

Wish You Were Here is my favorite Pink Floyd album!

Anyways, here's some of my favorite band:

Also:

Can't wait to see these guys together in a week!

• 2 months later...

A lot of heavy stuff here, which is usually outside of what I listen too. That being said I like both bands TwillightTech listed above me ^^.

I personally lean more towards the slower Indie Rock/Alternative Rock, although I've got favourite bands from quite a lot of genres. As someone who's quite fond of poetry and the like, I tend to appreciate lyrically beautiful songs (though don't get me wrong, I enjoy the sound as well, but it's something about music as an art form that tugs a little extra in my heart roots when beautiful imagery collides with an evocative pulling of a string). After having gone through some harder stuff myself, I found myself appreciating both the writing and feel of Matt Berninger and the rest of The National, and they've over the years become one of my very favourite bands.

This one's actually about a rather joyous subject, at least that's what I make of it, but still haunting and memorable. I'll always find it enchanting how everyday imagery can summon such deep emotion when wrapped in the right kind of paper. 

I also really like this song by Phoenix, something about the feel of it that has had me listening to it time and time again. It's definitely different from the other song, but beautiful in its own right. I was lucky enough to see them live a year back, and watching them perform Love Like a Sunset Part I & II come sundown in front of a massive audience is one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

Edited by MonoAccipiter