STEP v2.2.6 Official Bug Reports

z929669

It is pretty tedious, but if you use Opera 12 then just create a follower tab and that can help a bit. I always use that when I go through the guide doing a completely new reinstall to make sure I have the correct mod list.

I look into the mods attributes and see if any notes are are out of date. For the additional information of the mods, do I use the Detailed Instructions on the Recommendations tab, or do I just edit the page with the standard wiki editor?

Also, on the actual guide the 'W's for the wiki pages are no good. They are small and black so they can almost blend in with the gray background and I bet most users glance right over them and would never even know they are there. It would be better to have a uniform column for the links.

If you edit the mod pages, always use "Page Tools" > "Edit With Form" please and you will not be able to edit notes. Notes should be edited by consensus, but mod attributes are pretty straight forward based on the facts associated with the mods.

Not sure if it is your browser, but I have no problem noticing the Ws on the guide. We want to keep columns to a minimum. We could increase the size or boldness or color for the Ws, but I don't think it is necessary. These links are for maintenance convenience, and we want people using the main links to download the mods.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first two sections have some questions and suggestions for guide and pages:

What do we consider a clean uninstall for a mod? I get of course that textures, meshes, blah blah are okay.

DSR needs to be uninstalled from the MCM menu. Is that clean? Anything that does not require a clean save by using console 'stopquest' command, exit, disable, restart, save?

Brawl Bugs

- Is the plugin needed or not? Is the plugin covered by another mod?

Dead Body Collision

- Why does the wiki page say Spell Location under the third photo? Is it the wrong photo because it is the same as the second shot?

Skyrim Project Optimization

- Why is there an LQ flag on the actual guide, this mod has only one level of support.

- Where are the DG, DB flags on the guide.

Trade & Barter

- This mod needs HF flag on guide and note should say Hearthfire users use "T&B - Hearthfire.

High Quality 3D Map

- The BCF says Baseline, what is that for, should say Hi-Res, or Med-Res or something after the name of the file.

Race Menu

- Recommend Pre Cache Killer optional file.

NACMIM

- Note on guide about the SkyUI version checking in MCM menu to stop new threads from being created about it. Can be done in SkyUI MCM menu so many the note on that mod or this one.

Okay, first two sections have some questions and suggestions for guide and pages:

What do we consider a clean uninstall for a mod? I get of course that textures, meshes, blah blah are okay.

DSR needs to be uninstalled from the MCM menu. Is that clean? Anything that does not require a clean save by using console 'stopquest' command, exit, disable, restart, save?

Clean uninstall. Meaning the mod uninstalls without leaving any trace of the mod behind in the Skyrim folders following general uninstallation procedures or special one laid out by the author. As long as it uninstalls completely. Usually this would be scripts left behind both in the folders and in the save games. 

Brawl Bugs

It is needed. Enhanced Blood includes this fix; however, it is not a Core mod. Therefore, Brawl Bugs fix is needed.

Dead Body Collision

- Why does the wiki page say Spell Location under the third photo? Is it the wrong photo because it is the same as the second shot?

It's the the caption someone put on that photo. I don't know why it's the same as the second. Can probably be deleted.

- Why is there an LQ flag on the actual guide, this mod has only one level of support.

This page just needs to be updated. Flags, recommendation, all. There's not reason for it to be "primarily for performance step" because all can benefit from it. 

Trade & Barter

- This mod needs HF flag on guide and note should say Hearthfire users use "T&B - Hearthfire.

You should be able to update the flags if you're going to take the time to investigate, then you can update. :thumbsup: I added the note to the recommendations.

High Quality 3D Map

- The BCF says Baseline, what is that for, should say Hi-Res, or Med-Res or something after the name of the file.

This means the BCF will use the baseline for the mod. (Hi-res normals, original normals)

Race Menu

Huh? Pre Cache Killer is not an optional file for download for this mod... :psyduck:

NACMIM

- Note on guide about the SkyUI version checking in MCM menu to stop new threads from being created about it. Can be done in SkyUI MCM menu so many the note on that mod or this one.

Done.

Clean uninstall. Meaning the mod uninstalls without leaving any trace of the mod behind in the Skyrim folders following general uninstallation procedures or special one laid out by the author. As long as it uninstalls completely. Usually this would be scripts left behind both in the folders and in the save games. 

Brawl Bugs

It is needed. Enhanced Blood includes this fix; however, it is not a Core mod. Therefore, Brawl Bugs fix is needed.

Dead Body Collision

It's the the caption someone put on that photo. I don't know why it's the same as the second. Can probably be deleted.

I think that the third picture should have the spell location in game and the wrong photo got uploaded.

This page just needs to be updated. Flags, recommendation, all. There's not reason for it to be "primarily for performance step" because all can benefit from it. 

Trade & Barter

You should be able to update the flags if you're going to take the time to investigate, then you can update. :thumbsup: I added the note to the recommendations.

I know how to do it on the mod's page, but I think the HT graphic on the STEP guide needs to be there, unless that's what you mean and I'll just keep looking until I break something.

High Quality 3D Map

This means the BCF will use the baseline for the mod. (Hi-res normals, original normals)

I know that and you know that because we live here, but casual users will not have a clue that it is for both files.

Race Menu

Huh? Pre Cache Killer is not an optional file for download for this mod... :psyduck:

Should be disable face gen caches, not essential for STEP, but I'm sure most users open up the 'showracemenu' from time to time to change hair and facepaint. This prevents CTDs and freezes that occur, hell I've even used it outdoors without a problem.

NACMIM

Done.

Trade & Barter

I know how to do it on the mod's page, but I think the HT graphic on the STEP guide needs to be there, unless that's what you mean and I'll just keep looking until I break something.

The graphic will appear later as long as you've marked it on the mod's wiki page. If it's bothering you, you can go to the Guide and click Refresh under Page Tools.

Race Menu

Should be disable face gen caches, not essential for STEP, but I'm sure most users open up the 'showracemenu' from time to time to change hair and facepaint. This prevents CTDs and freezes that occur, hell I've even used it outdoors without a problem.

I've done this outdoors without issues as well. Unless Neo recommends it in SR, then I would say it's not needed for STEP.

Okay now I'm up through J Animations. Have you guys ever used this thing before? It's really long...

Games with optional, but not required, MCM menu should not be flagged for SKSE?

Laterns of Skyrim

- Default preset now included in .esm, so note not needed.

Book of Silence

- How are BCFs deleted?

- Detailed Instructions:  Add 13 Glass to Armors

Add 08 Glass to Weapons

Add 08 Tsun to Unique Items

Daedric Armor & Weapons

- This mod should be dropped. Just sayin.

Okay, I'm done I think, to many pages to care anymore. No notes I noticed that really need adjustment or I've gone bug eyed seeing all those pages that I missed everything.

I'm sure there are a bunch of mod pages that aren't on the guide so I'll start on those tomorrow with mods that are SR only.

Okay now I'm up through J Animations. Have you guys ever used this thing before? It's really long...

What thing ...? Confused.

Games with optional, but not required, MCM menu should not be flagged for SKSE?

If it has MCM functionality, this should be checked. Same for any other attribute. It doesn't matter if it is optional or not.

Laterns of Skyrim

- Default preset now included in .esm, so note not needed.

Book of Silence

- How are BCFs deleted?

- Detailed Instructions:  Add 13 Glass to Armors

Add 08 Glass to Weapons

Add 08 Tsun to Unique Items

To delete a BCF, simply move to the bottom of the mod page, click on the edit BCF link to go to the file page, and then select "delete all". THis has been done.      

Daedric Armor & Weapons

- This mod should be dropped. Just sayin.

Agree.