Come Together N Out of the Way (by Nausicaa)

Quitch

I only downloaded this mod because people said to use it instead of Move it damnit (I tend to follow advices you know :P), but will probably ditch it asap.

First of all, 90% of all the features are (at this point at least) useless and irrelevant to me.

Second, that jump height message is not just annoying, there are no words for it. I just can't stand it. I know it's no big deal, but it kind of accumulates when you see it every single time you load a game :P

And third, the author seems to barely understand english, so there is literally no support at all, and the mod is very poorly documented. I don't even understand what most of the options do (I admit that's partially my own problem, of course), which is probably why that ****** Lydia is blocking me in every goddamn. Really, it couldn't be much more cryptic. Reaction distance, reaction ideal distance, little quick & wider... What?

Edited by Octopuss

It's a bit too much of a "messing with stuff that's not that important with scripts" mod for me:

_NausicaaLib.pex

_NausicaaTweakerControlQuest.pex

_NausicaaTweakerMCMQuest.pex

_NausicaaTweakerMGEF.pex

_NausicaaTweakerPlayerAlias.pex

I'd rather give my Papyrus Log a break and reseve it's labor for the handling of followers (via EFF), Convenient Horses, SPERG, Relighting Skyrim, SleepTight, iNeeds, Auto-Equip Mods and other game burdens.

Also, I'm pretty sure EFF (non-Beta) is keeping my followers outta my way, because they back up if they get too close. And Unrelenting Force is always a single delightful rage filled key press away if they somehow got me stuck.

Edited by Kuldebar
  • +1 1

Ha, thanks for the Unrelenting Force tip ::D: That might actually save me a plugin slot ::D:

Haha, but make sure they are marked essential, (I do in EFF, friendly fire and murdering followers isn't a game play feature I desire) lol. Especially if you are on a narrow mountain path.

Friendly fire with archers is brutal.  They seem to think it's good range safety practie to ciom racing from in behind me trying to get into melee with enemies right as I'm about to shoot that paralytic poisioned arrow from my bow of flames - they flop over in front of the Boss and catch on fire while the Boss wails on them - not so much fun to loot an ash pile, see all that cool gear and realzie it's your (former) follower!

I wonder what would happen with Concentrate Fire (from EFF or Better Sneak?) - would my other follower turn them into a pin cushion?

Not sure this mod adds anything that EFF and Move It does not.  Thoughts?

• 3 months later...

I had to uninstall it.  I think it's just adding more scripts to an already over scripted game.  Have you guys noticed how many scripted mods you add with extended?  I think STEP should pay more attention to how many scripts get added from mods that really aren't necessary.  All that being said the message every time I loaded up annoyed me too much to keep this mod.  This is the ONLY mod in STEP I do not have installed.  I would reconsider if the message went away and the mod did more.  If I am going to target NPCs I want to be able to change things about them. 

Edited by uglykidcid

I was using this mod in game, and I summoned a frost atronach in Labyrinthian right before you go to meet the skeletal dragon. I was trying to summon it beyond the unopened gate, but instead he landed in the narrow doorway with me. And he wouldn't move! Does this mod not affect summoned atronachs?

Idk if summoned creatures are considered followers by the game. If they are, then I would expect this mod would affect them. In which case, you could adjust the distance between your PC and the creature. If they aren't considered followers by the game...then I wouldn't expect this mod to affect them unless specifically designed to do so.

As far as scripts...I know not what your issue is, uglykidcid. I run a full STEP:Extended without issue.

• 3 months later...

I;m sorry if posting here after this mod has been aproved but I;m having huge problems with it.

I recently noticed that my game became a little more sugish so decided to enable papyrous loging to see what is at fault ( if it was caused by scripting actually).

To my alarm, the log became huge extremely quickly, and it was 99.9999% from this log . We;re talkign about 1.4 GBs per minute!

I recalled that after adding 2 followers to its fellow list ( where you can cusotmise distances for each one differently), its MCM menu got stuck and was blank.

Found a hotfix. Installed it, the menu came back, but the game was even more slugish, and if I enabled the log again it became gargantuan ( 23GBs in 9 miuntes!)

So i decided to uninstall it. used the now funtioning menu to remove the 3 followers. Reset all setting to skyrim default. made a save.

And nowI;m stuck being unable to uninstall it, cause if I do I crash on any subsequent effort to save.

I tried using the save cleaning tool, which finds nothing amiss.

I'm trying for the last 2 days using the script scalpel " tool, but again no luck so far. Only consolation is that if forced to go back to my last save before this #@$@ i wil only loose 8 days of gaming ( oh and 2,..now 3 of troubleshooting).

So: Unless i was terribly unlucky, maybe a little more testing is in order, on whether this mod is uninstallable in case it causes problems.

Recaping:

A)author is AWOL

B) no source code of the scripts so impsosible for someone else to take over

C) freezes.

D) potentially uninstallable.

E) spams the Papyrous log with thousands of identical lines per second resulting i nhuge Paprous logs that make troubleshooting impossible.

I imagine it will start writing in the error log if and when it has an error.

Loging is good of course. But badly implemented loging is disastrous.The frequency i;m facing however is absurd.

Plus even after i reset the 3 followers i had managed to add to the mod, and reset all settings ( follow distances really, didnt touch anything else), so essentially the mod was not doing anything, the spaming continues.

Bad coding..somehow.

If the source was available we could look into it.

Are you also able to remove it from your load order?

Thansk for looking into the matter.

Edited by koumooo

Bad coding..somehow.

If the source was available we could look into it.

Champollion allows you to decompile Papyrus scripts.

But... Followers Keep Up (with the Dawnguard standalone extension) on Steam Workshop is the best of these kind of mods albeit without the "out of the way" component. I tried them all.

Come Together N Out of the Way has a lot of overhead and, quite frankly, just didn't do what I wanted. FKU has shortcomings, too, though.

Primarily, FKU doesn't support custom followers, and makes changes to NPC records, so it's one more mod that may need compatibility patches.

If Azirok ever returns to making patches for Requiem, I'll make a dynamic version of Followers Keep Up. (I can't play Skyrim without Requiem anymore.)

Edited by fireundubh

• 1 month later...