Silverfish Grotto

MannyGT

First off: HELLO TO ALL!

I've registered here a few minutes ago and so I salute all of you.

As subject, what about adding house mods in your STEP guide?

I've made a full immersion player home mod with many RPG elements like turning on/off candles, fireplaces, cleaning and repairing items. The home is buyable and decorable. Also you can hire housemaid and guards.

The link to my mod is: https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35966

Best regards guys :happy:

Hi Manny. Good to have you here - we have a few of your mods in STEP guide. If you send a message to z929669 on Nexus to confirm your identity you'll get a shiny, fancy Mod Author badge here on STEP :)

Just a quick note - Mod Suggestion forum is to suggest one mod per thread, so I've amended this thread title to a more appropriate one.

The grotto looks very nice indeed! It's always good to see some extra features, like a mini quest to get the house and some interactive elements. I may actually try this for one of my characters :)

I'm not sure why, but player homes are rarely discussed on STEP forums. Never really thought of that :)

Oh well... The mod is heavily scripted for sure, including an AI package. However there are no "persistent" scripts that can mess with the onUpdate() event loops. There is only a script that is in looping ONLY when you are in place.

Oh well... The mod is heavily scripted for sure' date=' including an AI package. However there are no "persistent" scripts that can mess with the onUpdate() event loops. There is only a script that is in looping ONLY when you are in place.[/quote']

good to know. ive actually just downloaded it and plan to check it out today :thumbsup:

I'm not sure why, but player homes are rarely discussed on STEP forums. Never really thought of that :)

Player homes are against mandate so it's not likely they'd ever officially be in STEP. However, I've tried several out myself and have been turned off by them. They tend to very easily conflict with other mods and one made my game so unstable that it wouldn't even load. :dry: Thus, I haven't tried out any in quite some time. However, I quite like the look and feel of this one. It actually feels "homey" from the video and has a lot of great features.

Player homes are against mandate so it's not likely they'd ever officially be in STEP. However, I've tried several out myself and have been turned off by them. They tend to very easily conflict with other mods and one made my game so unstable that it wouldn't even load. :dry: Thus, I haven't tried out any in quite some time. However, I quite like the look and feel of this one. It actually feels "homey" from the video and has a lot of great features.

Yeah, that doesn't mean they cannot be suggested in Mood Suggestions forum. There are tons of mods that don't fit STEP mandate in here, and yet not so many of them are player homes - that's what I meant.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I wasn't implying that they couldn't be in Mod Suggestions. Just stating a possible "why" they're not discussed much. I'll be putting together my own pack (geared towards immersion and realism) when 2.3 gets here and I'm actually considering this one as an inclusion. :)