STEP v2.1.1b Bug Reports [Official]

ADMIN HIJACKED THREAD - BUG REPORTS ONLY PLEASE!This is the bug list for STEP v2.1.1b, feel free to report any guide or game bug (related potentially to mods). Those issues will be fixed, if possible, in the next STEP update:Guide related bugs:

• Small things that are not worth mentioning :rolleyes:
Mods related bugs:
  • MED: Skytest Realistic Animals (from hardcore PACK) - causes a water bug along with WATER mod. I've contacted the author - he's rebuilding the mod with the CK to prevent conflicts. SOLUTION (for now): Move WATER.esp after SkyTest in the load order.
  • MED: More Dynamic Shadows - causes possible CtD and black screen bugs as reported by many users (and experienced by myself). I'm considering removing this and restoring Shadow Striping fix only, and waiting the mod become more stable before adding it back.
TC

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: I owe you an apology; I forgot that when I tried to follow the link that I reference below I ended up at a STEPWiki page that said 'Bad Title' and some stuff about invalid links. Nevertheless, there is a DDSopt page somewhere on STEPWiki, unless it is down temporarily for updating. Either way, I reckon the link in the 2.1 guide will be fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- saw that, too. I believe that it was likely supposed to link to the DDSopt Wiki guide. I don't know the proper link off the top of my head, but I do know that I accessed that guide earlier today by following a link posted in the 'STEP 2.1 Release' placeholder thread somewhere on this site.Enjoy

This is not a bug but I think there should be a comment about 1-(FPS!)Riften HQ Textures from nexus it's possible to download different versions either one with bsa & esp or one with loose files.

Sounds of Skyrim - Crash Fix gives you a bugged out "slashing sound" when any 'message' pops up on the screen, such as when quicksaving, an ASI script loads, harvesting etc etc, when used together with Improved Combat Sound v2.0. This is because ICS has to load before SoS, but with the crash fix for SoS you can't do that as it esmified the SoS esp's. To fix this, go to the optional downloads of Improved Combat Sounds and download the fix.

NOTE: Currently BOSS sorts that fix incorrectly to load before Improved Combat Sounds v2.0.esp. Move it manually to load after it, or it won't work. I have reported to the BOSS-thread about it, so BOSS should sort it correctly soon hopefully.

Edit: BOSS is now updated to sort it correctly.

I don't have them at all, iirc then these have been unavailable for some time. I installed the old STEP a couple of weeks back and I think they where unavailable then too.

An upload would be awesome since they are listed among the core mods :)